POST YOUR DYNOS

voltron1011

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 smart fortwo
[ QUOTE ]
You should also post the type or manufacturer of the dyno since some dynos (like dynojet and other inertia dynos) give inflated numbers because they calculate the torque rather then measure it like a land and sea or a mustang dyno (brake dynos) so just remember that when looking at some dyno sheets because they can be as far off as 30%

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you there.... Back in highschool we got a dyno at our autoshop and it had slightly skewed numbers. It was funny because all the muscle-car boys jumped all over the dyno and immediately started posting 200 hp, 250 hp, etc... They were all stoked because there big mean V8s put out soooo much power. I then suggested we put my moms 88 Toyota Corolla on the dyno. My moms Corolla had a factory claimed 90 hp engine with about 76 ft/lbs torque, on it's 1.6 liter motor. My mom's Toyota posted about 185 horsepower on that dyno! All of the sudden we had a bunch of cryin muscle-car boys. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric Dow

TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon
Same question as two up.. Where to hook up the pickup for tach? Ran on a Mustang Dyno last Sunday...

Running just the upsolute chip on my 2002 NB Auto TDI I recorded 4 runs.

1st run 97.4 WHP
2nd run 109.7 WHP
3rd run 97.6 WHP
4th run 97.9 WHP

The cool part is the 3rd and 4th runs were on Veggie Oil!! No loss is no bull /images/graemlins/smile.gif
They want me to come back when I or they figure out how to get a tach signal. I logged with VAG-Com and if I did the calc right, I'm guessing my Torque was over 195'lbs??? Someone give me another calc, as that CAN'T Be right????

mycruiseagent

Vendor
TDI
Jetta GL, 2002, Galactic Blue - R.I.P.
The difference from run 1 to run 2 is a little high. 195 for torque is very believable. RPM can be picked up using a piezo pick-up on the injector lines or by using an optical sensor on the injector pump sprocket.

I was just discussing a Mustang dyno with a local shop here - they were certain that they could determine torque from wheel speed. I guess if you had the proper factor to account for the gear ratio this would be possible if the dyno software allows for this - probably not as accurate due to variation in rolling radius from tire brand to brand.

MCA

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
The mmustang dyno I used calibrated the rollers before the pull to several points on the tach.

Eric Dow

TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon
[ QUOTE ]
The difference from run 1 to run 2 is a little high. 195 for torque is very believable. RPM can be picked up using a piezo pick-up on the injector lines or by using an optical sensor on the injector pump sprocket.

I was just discussing a Mustang dyno with a local shop here - they were certain that they could determine torque from wheel speed. I guess if you had the proper factor to account for the gear ratio this would be possible if the dyno software allows for this - probably not as accurate due to variation in rolling radius from tire brand to brand.

MCA

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think they have the right pickups for either of the options. They do say they have a VERY sensitive pickup that they use for the coil packs on the 1.8t's. I wonder if that would be sensitive enough to pickup off the Alternater signal for the Tach? Either way, I get a free run on both fuels if I can get them a way to pickup the tach signal. I was thinking about the VAG tool they use to pickup the signal off the bell housing on the older ones. I just don't remember if the A4's have that??? Either way, if someone knows a positive way that doesn't require custom parts, I'd be eternaly greatful.

BTW, acording to the FAQ. My next performance option is the .184 injectors. Is anyone certain that the '02 Auto TDI's don't already have this? If so, anyone have a set lying around they want to sell cheap (OK, Cheaper?)

Gary Miyakawa

Admin Emeritus
TDI
1998 NB TDI
To my knowledge and experience with Dynos, there is no signal under the hood of an ALH engine that a Dynojet 248C can pickup with any of their (primary or secondary) sensors. That's why I build the little combination of equipment I did to capture the injection signal based on the Ferrett Injection Pulse monitor.

Haven't spent any time on a Mustang dyno but if you can calibrate RPMs to MPH, then it should pretty accurately determine the Torque.

Gary M

TDItech

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI GLS Galactic Blue, 2000 Eurovan with ALH fromthe 02 Jetta
I run on a DynoJet today. We got a tach signal using a pezio pickup on an injector line. Only made one run, but got an idea about what I have.
127whp
230lb of tourque

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
[ QUOTE ]
but got an idea about what I have.
127whp
230lb of tourque

[/ QUOTE ]
then you'd better update your profile 'cause I know you're not making 127/230 w/ exhaust and pipes /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
Hey Robbie did you ever dyno Tessa's A3 with these chips in it? I'm itching to run down to Thunder Valley sometime soon and do some runs for fun /images/graemlins/smile.gif...see if I can get that 7 second 0-60 at least. I figured out why I was boiling my tires at Dzljet's...my battery was in the trunk, and I figure that 40-50 pounds taken off the top has to make a little difference with grip, think? Not to mention my refusing to let up cause I enjoyed the tire spin so much, snicker.

TDItech

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI GLS Galactic Blue, 2000 Eurovan with ALH fromthe 02 Jetta
Your right runonbeer, I had a custom burn Upsolute installed two weeks ago. And got rid of the box.

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
I haven't had the A3 on the dyno, I've been tinkering with it though, its amazing what IQ does for you when you've got a fat pump to play with.

kande

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI, Platinum Grey
i dynoed the other day.. they were unable to get a torque reading... but i got 102.8hp on a stock 04 PD jetta /images/graemlins/smile.gif

my baby made me proud... the guys said the power curve was unreal... absolutely unbelievable... cant wait to mod thehell out of her!

MrDave

Veteran Member
Stock A4/Mk4 12V VR6 dyno (for comparison):

Baseline dyno
ALH, B.184, 10mm, racepipe, custom IC and piping, 2.5" exhaust

ASV, RC3.1, B.205, 10mm, racepipe, custom IC and piping, 2.5" exhaust

Doing the math reveals:

Notes:
-values as at the wheels
-uncorrected
-elevation ~3400 feet
-baseline run in 4th, chipped dyno run in 3rd
-heavier wheels for chipped dyno run
-custom IC and piping because it's installed in a Rabbit.

-Dave

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Hi Dave,

Good numbers buddy for 3400 ft. What's your average fuel economy? hehe

When you getting your 11mm pump?

Jeff

VWRacer1

Veteran Member
I haven't take my car to a real dyno, but I did recently purchase a G-Tech Pro.

After getting used to it and getting a good weight for the Golf I did three runs on my favorite local stretch of flat, straight road.

During the first two runs I shifted at 4000 RPM and hit a peak power of 90hp on each run. On the third run I shifted at about 4300 RPM and got 93hp.

Pretty much in line with what AtomicSushi writes above for stock Mk IV's.

I'm happy! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Some Powerplus nozzles on thos injectors would really bump the torque quite a bit.

THe "stock baseline" seems rather optimistic.

tdi rs

Veteran Member
TDI
mk2 16v tdi
Finally got to the dyno tonite before the mechanical pump gets binned managed to get 207hp without methanol and 246hp with methanol and 224hp at the wheels be a pity to convert it to edc!!

tdi rs

Veteran Member
TDI
mk2 16v tdi
I never got a torque figure but id estimate in the region of 380 to 390 ftlbs ive got as much power at the wheels now as i did at the flywheel!!

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Is that before any other fuels are involved 230-240whp wow /images/graemlins/eek.gif you could challange vw motorsport and win with that sort of power /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Puebla

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 TDI GT25, PP520'S, FMIC, STAGE 5 SOFTWARE
To: TDI CLub members
Re: 1.9 TDI with 182 hp. check out this link:

http://www.upsolute.com/eng/index.html

The information CONTAINED IN this message is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL and intended ONLY for the individual(s) and/or entitie(s) named above. ANY unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of the telecopied materials is strictly PROHIBITED and review by ANY individual other than the intended recipient shall not constitute waiver of the attorney-client privilege. If you, the reader, receive this message in ERROR, please notify us by telephone to arrange for the return of the documents erroneously received at the expense of hazw8st@onebox.com the originator of this transmission. This information is for entertainment purposes only.

Puebla

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 TDI GT25, PP520'S, FMIC, STAGE 5 SOFTWARE
UPsolute 's chip the Limited Golf Edition is converted to a powerful model with 182 hp,

if you scroll all the way down to the right side it reads:
1.9 TDI with 182 hp (article from Chiptuning.com portal)

The three characters enable to suspect a lot. The new motor is already installed for example in Golf's Limited Edition of Volkswagen. Many people suspected that the 150 PS Golf IV TDI is merely a 115 hp pump jet engine, which is electronically modified. That's not right; thank God! The punch geometry of the nozzles was merely adapted to the injection with the increased throughput. Piston and connecting rod were still strengthened and the turbo is accordingly reloaded. And UPsolute has shown that this is not the end. UPsolute put still something on that, because the 320 nm isn't the final stage of a pump jet engine unit. Thanks to the pump nozzle technology and UPsolute 's chip the Limited Golf Edition is converted to a powerful model with 182 hp and over 420 nm Unfortunately, UPsolute 's Golf achieved only 145.8 hp during the performance test stand; this is probably a result of his speedometer position, which is at 2000 KM. The UPsolute team means, that the final performance can only be supposed. After tuning the Golf achieved 182 hp and 428 nm, which catapulted him to 100/km in just 6 seconds. Despite everything it is not the limit of the electronic engine tuning to gain additionally 36 hp and 108 nm from this engine.

Conclusion:
An oil burner, which is unfortunately only available in restricted quantity at the moment. After tuning the car behaved enormously powerful and agile and none of the known secondary effect appeared such as increased soot formation or part-load-jerk. The fuel consumption is even still reduced around approximated. 0.5 liters on 100 km. It seems so as if it wouldn't be possible to hold back the diesels technology any more. And I think everybody will allow a 182 hp engine a consumption of 5.3 liters on 100 km.