POST YOUR DYNOS

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
Forman said:
Im looking at my dyno papers, and I cant figure out why whp is so low.

176bhp but only 113whp.. why?

http://www.lekerommet.net/misc/div/Bilen/dyno/dyno2_small.JPG

Your asking the wrong Q. it should be why is my bhp so stupid hi. the whp is measured the bhp is a cal. of you whp plus the drag crap.

BHP is in almost all cases a load of crap. WHP is all that maters and all that should be used. unless you actually removed your engine then you can measure your BHP. if you didnt then stick to the WHP.

Forman

TDI
02 Passat Trendline PD130
bencarr23 said:
Your asking the wrong Q. it should be why is my bhp so stupid hi. the whp is measured the bhp is a cal. of you whp plus the drag crap.

BHP is in almost all cases a load of crap. WHP is all that maters and all that should be used. unless you actually removed your engine then you can measure your BHP. if you didnt then stick to the WHP.
The WHP power was very low on the run with stock engine too ... is it normal to loose 50+hp in the tranmission/drivetrain?

bencarr23

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2013 white
no . from what i hear its between 12 to 17 %. and how low ? From the look i dont trust the #'s i would go to another dyno. or ask them what they measure.

Forman

TDI
02 Passat Trendline PD130
bencarr23 said:
no . from what i hear its between 12 to 17 %. and how low ? From the look i dont trust the #'s i would go to another dyno. or ask them what they measure.
IIRC, with stock engine was 96whp

I dont have the papers on the stock engine pull, only with box and chip.

From the tuning box pull:

Corrected power - 145.5 BHP
Engine power 141.7 BHP
Wheel power 101.0 BHP
Drag Power 40.7 BHP
Max power @ 3985rpm / 162.9km/t
Torque 366.1 Nm
Max torque @ 2070rpm
Max attained RPM 4640 rpm

From the chip pull:

Corrected power - 175.9 BHP
Engine power 172.7 BHP
Wheel power 113.2 BHP
Drag Power 59.5 BHP
Max power @ 4075rpm / 197.5km/t
Torque 384.8 Nm
Max torque @ 2515rpm
Max attained RPM 4410 rpm / 213.8 km/t

Notice the difference in speed. The pull with box must be in 4. while the one with chip is in 5. .. this cant be good when trying to compare.

Also drag power is up 50% .. I dont know if this means anything, and if it does its problably because the gear difference, or?

Ibiza FR

TDI
Seat Ibiza TDI130 FR

mods are :
-larger intake with BMC panel filter
-2,5inch Milltek with downpipe and racekat
-OBD tuned

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Sootman's latest Dyno run

Title says it all. This is my latest run. I saw a reduction in torque when I added a muffler which was necessary to pass State inspection. I had just "clocked the turbo per Kerma's recommendation. Still over fueled I believe This is also a baseline for further upgrades. Looking at how linear the HP is how will "Live Mapping help?

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
It's not a hybird although that would be a nice way to go. The thing will pump out over 40 psi in it's current situation but that's way to much for me to consider for a daily driver. Still getting 45-47 mpg