rear view mirror

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I'd love them too if they worked, I'm blinded way too often by cars behind me.
Get a small piece of tint and put it on the forward facing light sensor. That will make the mirror dim sooner :cool:

I know BK's 15 manual car does not have an auto dimming mirror.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
If anyone has an auto dimming mirror and they hate it so much that they would want to trade it for the non-dimming mirror, let me know. I would send you my mirror in exchange for yours.

According to ETKA, my 2013 SEL (which had auto dimming) and my 2015 SE (which does NOT have auto dimming) use the same windshield. So it should be an easy swap for you.

reilljp

TDI
2015 Passat
there is an electrical controled fluid in the mirror, that if "broken" can crack and leak or cause splotcheness. we had good luck with our '12 TDI SE and so far so good on our '15 Passat and '17 Alltrack
Are the VW mirrors known for leaking?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
"Homelink/gentech" is the brand they use, so not a brand that's unheard of. So far we've had good luck, fingers crossed

drew_t

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Put a piece of 25% tint over the sensor, mirror function is just about perfect now.
I cut a piece out of one of those tinted things you get at the eye doctor when they dilate your pupils, and taped it over the white-tipped thing on the front of the mirror. Switched the mirror to “on,” and could actually see the mirror lens darken in my garage. It’s a definite improvement over how it was (didn’t seem to make a difference whether switched on or off), but I’m not sure it’s as good as the old fashioned manually switched non-electric day-night mirrors.