$1,000 VW TDI A4 SUPERCAR MODS

S

SkyPup

Hallo Heiko Foth auf Volkswagen.de VWAG. Ich bin ein Amerikanner und sprechen kline Deutsch, Ich lebe VW TDI.

Guten Tag und Danke Shurn

------------------
99 JETTA TDI HERR WETTERAUER TORQUEMEISTER
98 KAFER WETT SPEKTAKULARE TURBOKOMPRESSOR
2000 KTM 640 ADVENTURE RALLY SUPER THUMPER
97 KTM 620 ADVENTURE RALLY PARIS-DAKAR SUPER THUMPER
ICH LIEBE MEIN TECHORAD VW TDI'S MIT DIREKTEINSPRITZER TURBOKOMPRESSOR

ThinkDiesel

Veteran Member
allo Heiko Foth on Volkswagen.de VWAG. I am a Amerikanner and speak kline German, I live VW TDI. Good day and thanks Shurn --------------

--- 99 JETTA TDI MR. WETTERAUER TORQUING MASTER 98 KAFER SPEKTAKULARE TURBO COMPRESSOR 2000 KTM 640 ADVENTURE RALLY SUPER THUMPER 97 KTM 620 ADVENTURE RALLY PARIS DAKAR SUPER THUMPER I LOVE MINE TECHORAD VW TDI'S WITH DIRECT A SPLASH TURBO COMPRESSOR

S

SkyPup

Hopefully he will reply here in spite of my degrading attempt at writing German as he is the VWAG Performance connection we are working on developing here across the many miles. His help would be greatly appreciated.

MI_canuck

Not that my "Deutsch" is any good, but I took a little in university, and have a few suggestions for you.

For one, Germans apparently like formality, so you should have started off with something like "Guten Tag Herr Foth von VWAG..." and continued on like you did, with a few corrections"...Ich bin Amerikaner und spreche nur ein bischen Deutsch, aber Ich liebe VW TDI."

I'm not sure if you were trying to ask Mr. Foth anything, but your statement doesn't say much other than "Hi, I'm an American...I don't speak much German, and BTW I love TDIs".

Not trying to insult you or anything, so please don't take it the wrong way, just trying to help.

Cheers dude!

[This message has been edited by lxluc (edited January 28, 2000).]

S

SkyPup

Thanks, I had two years of German in high school from a Pennsylvania Dutch teacher and four years undergrad in college, over thirty years ago. I need to reread some of my old texts, as I am well aware of the strict pecking order.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
And I always though SkyPup was trying to be funny
Lieder ist Deutcher Gramatic etwas "Off Topic". Vielicht koennen Sie es zum "General TDI Discussion" verschoben.

Danke,

Fred

spkerer

Veteran Member
I'll plagiarize myself from my post to HowardZ's thread...

Skypup - this post, and HowardZ's recent performance post, are just what the forum ordered.

Having these posts without the banter would be boring. Having the banter without these posts would be pointless!

Thanks...

------------------
1999 A4 Golf GL TDI Manual, Flame Red
60 MPG(US) best, 50 MPG(US) typical

ThinkDiesel

Veteran Member
Hey.. about that translation, I hope you know i wasn't trying to "bust your chops"
I just ran you signature file through the altavista translator for fun, its not that precise of course since its just software. Just about anything you plug into it comes out sounding humorous, but you can usually catch the intedned meaning. LOL!
Had some fun running German articles on the TDI through it..

If anyone hasn't seen this neato translator, here it is:
http://world.altavista.com/

It works better if you cut and paste (sorry dparnell
) text directly into the translate field, rather than handing it the URL, unless the page you are linking it to has no frames or wacky fonts.

------------------
Ryan

1999 A4 Jetta GL TDI- 5 sp
Atlantic Blue/Gray Studio

S

SkyPup

HowardZ, I am thinking when it is cold high pressure out, about 140HP and 240 lbs of torque. During the summertime when it is hot out, about 135HP and 225 lbs of torque. I finally found a Clayton dyno here in town, and maybe I'll spend some time down there later on this spring and blow a few bucks proving my strong seat o' de pants impressions!

S

SkyPup

Yikes!
Years of skull drugery digging up ways to improve the flow of air and fuel through the wimpy 90hp US TDI to turn it into a fire breathing beast have been a terrific success with results currently greater than 50% increase across the board and aiming to a 100% finale. It is all here, almost, somewhere on Fred's TDI Performance Forums and you can "SEARCH" it out, just use my "SKYPUP" name on this thread and start reading. DO NOT use the name of "RIC WOODRUFF" as it will be a waste of your time!

Everytime I take some time out to write something up here in technical detail it ends up getting slammed by all the folks who do not understand what I am doing and I end up getting barraged with email asking all kinds of nonsensical preposterous theoretical hypothetical questions ad infinitem ad nauseum. So, will I do it again? Maybe, but not right now, stay tuned for future developments on this FRED'S TDI PERFORMANCE CHANNEL.

GO TDI!!!!

S

SkyPup

It will take some time reading all the posts, however that is better as you can certainly get exposed to whatever far fetched possible downside of any mod someone could possibly dream up in their sleep. That way your fears and hesitatations will be eased. BTW, both my TDIs are hot-rodded and neither one of them has ever had any problem of any kind whatsoever at anytime anywhere under any circustances, plus I still manage to average >45 mpg hauling a$$!

BTW, I dosouport publik edekasion.