Post Your Dynos Here Ii

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
We can't even get new diesel cars here, much less 51 cetane fuel. Nice numbers.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Some people can't read the rules......Sheesh, dynos only people. s*it slinging reserved for PM's.

Deevo_3000

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
DaMidget said:
I'm off to dyno here in the next hour - first dyno ever for my car. Oh boy

Here it is:
PP520, 10mm, KERMA hammerhead SV turbo, Kerma DP, KERMA OMI, EuroJet SMIC, Custom KERMA tune to match mods (delivered by Q-loader), #2 diesel only

Last edited:

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
DaMidget said:
I'm off to dyno here in the next hour - first dyno ever for my car. Oh boy

Very good numbers for pp520 and 10mm, unbelievable! Car must be a rocket ;-)

what gear was your car dyno'd in?

Your mph seems low 96mph for that power band, mine was 120mph in 4th.

btw, what clutch assuming 5spd and not 6spd?

Jeff

Last edited:

DaMidget

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q7 Premium Plus
jsrmonster said:
Very good numbers for pp520 and 10mm, unbelievable! Car must be a rocket ;-)

what gear was your car dyno'd in?

Your mph seems low 96mph for that power band, mine was 120mph in 4th.

btw, what clutch assuming 5spd and not 6spd?

Jeff
Run was done in 4th. Running on stock clutch - 5spd.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Nice numbers. Where did they start the pull? It looks like the chart starts at about 2200 RPM. I always have trouble convincing dyno operators that they should start at idle. And it's comparable to the Silver bullet except it stops 1000 RPM sooner.

Could be a LUK, especially if it's a German Golf. That clutch would hold 300 easy.

Last edited:

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
jackbombay said:
2000 golf, could have a LUK, right?
I think it holds to 250 ft-lb or a bit less. Don't hold me to that though.

DaMidget

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q7 Premium Plus
IndigoBlueWagon said:
Nice numbers. Where did they start the pull? It looks like the chart starts at about 2200 RPM. I always have trouble convincing dyno operators that they should start at idle. And it's comparable to the Silver bullet except it stops 1000 RPM sooner.

Could be a LUK, especially if it's a German Golf. That clutch would hold 300 easy.
Yea she's a German Golf.

VailPowder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Sedan, 1998 New Beetle TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI
I am complete agreement with Peter! Lets keep the forums a fun place to hang out.

When we meet in person at GTG's / Dyno Days everyone is friendly and helpful.

IndigoBlueWagon said:
I see the point of a thread like this is to see cause and effect. People are going to have comments and questions. Let's just hope people can be civil--so far we're not doing very well on that score.

BTW, my sig is current, except, as noted, I didn't have the PP502s in my car for that dyno--they were PP520s.

jsrmonster

TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up

jsrmonster

TDI
Here are some more dyno's. Sorry for cross-post, but I like to share these from last year. Many manhours and $$$ have made leaps and bounds over the last few years and I am pleased to share these. More dynos to come in the next few weeks (time permitting) with my A3 project, and 3 race cams to test on the silverbullet.

Jeff

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=2043155&postcount=44

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
Sootman said:
Nice dyno plots. Very interesting to see the one(s) at altitude vs sea level.
Thats a big reason why I have not dyno'd, many here would go nuts "comparing" apples to oranges and it would be pointless. FWIW, I have to drive about 30 miles to get down to 6000'. although the closest dyno is at about 5000'.

Passenger Performance

TDI
83 caddy, soon to be quattro tdi
Ed's TDI said:
Oh and by the way, even if you take into consideration a 17% correction factor on my last dyno numbers (265 hp and 360 tq) I would have 220 hp and 300 tq which is pretty close to your numbers ... ;)
% of correction factor is NOT equal to % of HP.
We do not use correction factors on our dyno.
I understand what you mean about competitors and all, but JSP and I are not competitors. Kinetic is closer to competition to JSP than I am, I hardly even touch VW's anymore.
We are having another dyno event here in a month or two, you should come out, I'll pay for your dyno.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Jack, it's still worthwhile to dyno, even if you don't think the numbers are comparable to others. That's why I like going to DSG. Their numbers are always lower than other dynos--people were dissing the cars at the NE dyno day because of that--but I only want the comparison. I made the same HP with RC6 as with RC4, but 20 more ft./lbs. and a lot more room below the curve. It helps me translate what I feel driving to what the car is doing objectively. The fuel/air numbers caused me to put in larger nozzles. It's a really useful feedback tool.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Passenger Performance said:
% of correction factor is NOT equal to % of HP.
We do not use correction factors on our dyno.
I understand what you mean about competitors and all, but JSP and I are not competitors. Kinetic is closer to competition to JSP than I am, I hardly even touch VW's anymore.
We are having another dyno event here in a month or two, you should come out, I'll pay for your dyno.
Okay so now that you're involved with a shop that has a dyno, maybe you can help clear something up that people here don't seem to be able to grasp regarding correction factors, especially concerning dynoing cars at different altitudes or areas of differing ambient temperatures. What I was told by the guys at Kinetic is that the reason they use a correction factor is to compensate for these variables (and more) so that you could measure the same car at any dyno in the world and, as long as the proper correction factors are inputed into the dyno, the results would be the same (within an acceptable margin of error). Can you validate or dispute this so we can all be abit more educated as far as dynos?

Passenger Performance

TDI
83 caddy, soon to be quattro tdi
Ed's TDI said:
Okay so now that you're involved with a shop that has a dyno, maybe you can help clear something up that people here don't seem to be able to grasp regarding correction factors, especially concerning dynoing cars at different altitudes or areas of differing ambient temperatures. What I was told by the guys at Kinetic is that the reason they use a correction factor is to compensate for these variables (and more) so that you could measure the same car at any dyno in the world and, as long as the proper correction factors are inputed into the dyno, the results would be the same (within an acceptable margin of error). Can you validate or dispute this so we can all be abit more educated as far as dynos?
No problem, you are right that correction factors are applied for atmospheric differences, but 17% is way too high for this area, 1-2% would be fine but the maximum at that. What I mean by 17% correction is not 17% of horsepower, is that atmospheric correction percentage is not a percentage that is directly equal to a equal percentage of horsepower made.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Passenger Performance said:
No problem, you are right that correction factors are applied for atmospheric differences, but 17% is way too high for this area, 1-2% would be fine but the maximum at that. What I mean by 17% correction is not 17% of horsepower, is that atmospheric correction percentage is not a percentage that is directly equal to a equal percentage of horsepower made.
Okay so I understand that a 17% correction factor doesn't necessarily equate to a 17% increase/decrease in horsepower made but I'm curious why the dyno guys at Kinetic would choose 17% as their correction factor if your claim is that it should only be 1-2%. Their explaination, according to the techs from Dyno-Dynamics that setup their dyno and schooled them on how to use it, is that this was the correction factor to use for this machine in their location based on all the information they normally use to fine-tune all of these particular dyno units.

When your dyno was set up in your shop, you had a rep from that company help you guys out with instruction on how to use it, etc, etc, right? So why do you not use any correction factors, even though you already agreed that correction factors are used to ensure that you would get consistent results?