Adding a 2014 Q7 To my garage?

craigldavis

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW M/T; 2014 Q7
I have an '09 JSW TDI with the 2.0 (got the fix, love it just as much now as I did before -- 320K Miles worth of love and still awesome). So I know many, many details about the 2.0 TDI settlement, but not so much about the 3.0 settlement.

We're about to replace my wife's Escalade with a Q7 TDI (found a '14 we like a lot, priced nice, 180K miles).

I had a few questions for you all as I start my night of forum and google searches:

Does the 3.0 settlement include an extended warranty like the 2.0 settlement? The recall was done in Jan 2018 (but I don't know the miles when it was done). Any way to find out the milage and exact remaining warranty?

Anything in particular I should double-check before buying aside from the obvious?

The owner said the power adjustment for the steering wheel is disconnected because it had an auto-adjustment issue and is a known issue on these. Anyone know more about this?

The backup camera is "disabled" due to an issue with one of the front corner proximity sensors. He said they were replaced but the dealer needs to do a VAG reset of something to make the full system re-enabled (including the backup camera) -- does that sound plausible?

Thanks in advance!!!

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
You have the VIN?

Plug it into https://audidiesellookup.com/ and see what's what. It'll tell you if/when the fix was done, along with the extended emissions warranty. There's also a link on there that tells you what exactly the warranty covers.

I'm actually looking at one of these myself. A 2015 with 92K on the clock, one owner, clean CarFax for $23K.

craigldavis

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW M/T; 2014 Q7
Oh easy. Thanks!!!
It shows the date and mileage of when the fix was done. Also found the Audi customer book so I know how many miles I have left on the new warranty.

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
Easy peasy, glad to help :)

Make sure to download that 14-page PDF linked that details what the extended emissions warranty covers. You may need it to show your Audi dealer what's covered if it ever acts up.

Definitely makes for good peace of mind knowing your entire fuel system, turbo, and most of the engine itself is covered along with the entire exhaust emissions system.

tdiv

TDI
2003 VW Jetta TDI
Awesome! Thanks for posting that link that. Very cool, Just a 15' Q7 and wasn't sure when the fix was done.

craigldavis

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW M/T; 2014 Q7
Easy peasy, glad to help :)

Make sure to download that 14-page PDF linked that details what the extended emissions warranty covers. You may need it to show your Audi dealer what's covered if it ever acts up.

Definitely makes for good peace of mind knowing your entire fuel system, turbo, and most of the engine itself is covered along with the entire exhaust emissions system.
Yup -- I printed the date/mileage and the brochure to keep in the car for just that reason. Same on my '09 JSW :)

Good advice!

craigldavis

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW M/T; 2014 Q7
Anyone know more info about the steering wheel adjustment or backup camera?

The owner said the power adjustment for the steering wheel is disconnected because it had an auto-adjustment issue and is a known issue on these. Anyone know more about this?

The backup camera is "disabled" due to an issue with one of the front corner proximity sensors. He said they were replaced but the dealer needs to do a VAG reset of something to make the full system re-enabled (including the backup camera) -- does that sound plausible?

Think there's a VAG-COM setting for the backup camera that I just need to have someone do (or buy my own VAG-COM finally after 17 years of owning TDI's LOL)?