Noise after timing belt change

tdibeetler

Hello all,

I changed the timing belt on the wife's car. Now, about one or two seconds after the car is shut off, you can hear a noise like a valve opening and the air "bleeding" off, it is very short. Please help...

Thanks

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
Being deaf, I can't help you. One of the reasons I ask the owners to tell me any funny sounds when starting for the first time after the job is done.

Double check the clamps on the intercooler hose (under the car) and the intake hose (by the EGR)

If you hear a click, it is the anti-shudder valve that opens again after the car is shut off. You can watch it in action. Look just behind the EGR and have the wife turn off the car, watch it close for a second or two then it will open, that is the usual click sound.

tdibeetler

I will check that out. If that is it, is that a problem something I need to fix, or have fixed? Thank you for the fast reply!

tdibeetler

I hear a click, but the sound I am talking about sounds like when you are turning the engine over by hand and it will "exhale" so to speak..for lack of a better description.