Replace fog lights?

eligibleli

TDI
2013 VW Golf 4Dr
Hey guys

I have been trying to find a way to replace the fog lights on by Golf TDI.

I saw many other forums and videos on how to replace it for the GTI, but none of the regular Golf or TDI since there's no back door behind the front wheels to access the fogs.

The only thing I saw that was semi helpful was this video, but no sounds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1fvOBZZDY

Any tips on where I can find this?

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
The difficult bit is getting the plastic surround out without breaking it. The first 2 seconds of the video. After that it is obvious what to do. (The remaining 2 plus minutes)

Pry gently at the inner side of the surround. There are clips as seen in the video that just pop out. Once the inner side pops out the whole surround moves towards middle of car and out.
If you search this forum there is a thread with more detail. If you break the plastic don’t despair, body shop broke one of mine and fixed it with a screw lol. Can’t see it unless I stick my head right up to it.

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
Ksing that was the thread I was thinking of. I have it book marked thank you. As mentioned a warm day or a heater on the plastic is a good idea.

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Ksing that was the thread I was thinking of. I have it book marked thank you. As mentioned a warm day or a heater on the plastic is a good idea.
Hi Wilkins, You gave a great explanation of the procedure in your first post! Then with pictures from the other thread it's very clear what's involved. I need to do it myself. I have a cracked fog lens. The light works and so far no moisture inside, but I think I'm going to replace the light. In fact, I might do both. They're pitted after 160K miles, so I thought I might just get new ones on both sides.

My headlights aren't bad at all, but my windshield is also pretty bad. I'd like a new windshield too, but I worry about not getting a good installation. I've also been told I might not be able to get VW glass since my car is a 2010. Getting a bit too old I guess.