About to pull the trigger on another TDI!

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
Still driving "the beast" (Toyota Highlander Hybrid) but we need a second car now, so negotiating on a 2015 Passat TDI Comfortline with sport package. Just can't seem to stay away :D

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Come a long way from your Jetta....how is the highlander?
Yes missing my old 2002 Jetta sometimes... But I had a good six year run with my 2012 Golf Wagen!

I have to say I quite like the Highlander! Not the same drive obviously, but it is very roomy. Even in the back seat with the captains chairs, I have a ton of room. And the trunk (I keep the third row folded down). The back seat has enough room to very nicely fit a Clek Fllo car seat, reclined, without the front passenger suffering. And I get 9-10 L per 100km driving rush hour and city mix. If I take it easy on the highway and maintain around 100kmph, then 7-8L is possible with the beast. Only problem is that parking spots have shrunk since I got this car, so I barely fit between the lines ;)

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Paperwork is signed on the 2015 Passat TDI Comfortline with Sport package! Can't wait to see it (actually never seen it myself lol)

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I moved up from my 2002 Jetta to a 2015 Passat SEL and in my opinion there is no comparison. You're going to love the Passat !

Much roomier, huge trunk and there is actually lots of legroom for rear seat passengers even if the driver is near 6'. A shorter driver will leave room to dance in the rear. Don't know if the Comfortline has it, but I like the AUTO climate control in the SEL as well as the AUTO dimming rear view mirror.

Also if you have a sunroof, it has a built in "spoiler" which reduces the windnoise. Something my Jetta didn't have.

After decades using a key on the column, I still find myself once in a while wanting to take the key out. The SEL has the KESSY.

Last edited: