www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs

VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs This is a discussion about MKIII-A3/MkIII Jetta/Golf (<99.5) and B4 Passats (96,97) TDI's. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old June 30th, 2020, 09:43   #1
lisab4
Veteran Member

Question Instrument cluster problem

I installed a cluster Derek @ Chubbs auto made for me, TDI with MFA. Have a slight problem however.. the glow light stays on after starting. It's not on full power, about half dimmed. Thinking about a leak current somewhere or something? Any idea anyone? It is definitely the cluster as I tried the old one without MFA and it works perfectly.

Link to a Youtube film I made showing the problem:
http://youtu.be/hxJjkYyRCaU
Old June 30th, 2020, 13:50   #2
BigAndy
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 99 A3

Because the other cluster works - ie the glow plug light works properly and this cluster doesn't, I'd say the cluster has a defect.

The other issue, if both clusters have the 'dim' glow plug light, then I would swap out the glow plug relay.