Milwaukee (and northern Chicago) area meeting

MilenP

Veteran Member
C'mon guys, if anybody's car should smoke, that's mine. Upsolute and EGR.................. /images/graemlins/cool.gif
Though, recently it's been better.
I was driving the other day and a guy with a Mercedes came at the traffic light to me, pulled his window, to tell me that there might be something wrong (bad) with my car since he saw a lot of smoke. Duh, he was trying to pass me /images/graemlins/cool.gif.
Anyway, I guess, there are many options about the EGR, but not much to do with the Upsolute chip.
And for the record - did not see any MB diesel on the way back. For that matter - any MB that passed any of us /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.
And if it did, he should talk to McLaren, since they apparently have problems with the MB engines for F1 this year /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Draza

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 00, Black
Count me in on the next GTG,I didnt check my messages and missed the last GTG. I live in Pleasant Prairie.

Keep me posted on any changes.

WI_TDI_Fan

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS, Platinum Gray
Oh Snadman, great keeper of P/Ns for the Euro look, got a P/N or link to the TT lift pads you mentioned ? I did see that ECS has something of the sort. Might be the 'real' thing, but as I'm new to this your expertise would be appreciated. (Besides, with the proper lift pads, next time we put Dennis' car on my lift, I won't have to hunt up a 2x4 to dado /images/graemlins/grin.gif and act as a substitute)

Dean - looking forward to the next GTG and 'armed' with digi-pix taker

vwsandman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 01' Blue lagoon
Sure do WI_TDI_FAN, check here: Lift Pads Info You should be able to get these at any dealer. The dado 2x4 works pretty good though....I thought the front pads on mine were a little "soft" when jacking the car up compared to the rear. I also put these on my wife's New Beetle and it seems like they have a little stonger spot on that car....I think when on a lift like yours, you should not see any problems. Good luck!

sinneD

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2006 Reflex Silver
since everything worked out soo well, should we do a yahoo groups 'list' to email reminders out and such, and have a place to put pics? there is not an easy way to do a reminder list here on freds.

we need a catchy name- something with BONG perhaps. i suggest Bong Area Diesels And Suds Society- BAD-A$$

BratscheMan

Veteran Member
TDI
none at present
Dennis,

Here's one for you:

Bratstop Regional Avid TDIers-Cars At Kenosha Exit
(otherwise known as BRAT-CAKE)

That way you could have your CAKE...and eat it, too. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, what in tarnation is Bong? It had better not be racy... /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

testy_SOB

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle, 1998, Red
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, what in tarnation is Bong? It had better not be racy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bong is a State Rec area named after a top WWII fighter ace, Dick Bong, from Wisconsin who died in the war. It was originally started as a SAC Fighter Base located to protect Chicago and Milwaukee from Soviet Bombers. After some earthmoving and runway development was done it was cancelled as a result of ICBMs making it obsolete. The state took it over and made a wildlife/rec area out of it.

a Link for info: http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/parks/specific/bong/

WI_TDI_Fan

Veteran Member
TDI
Just a friendly reminder. Remember to mark your calendars for two weeks from today - Brat Stop, Kenosha, 6:30ish. Rally in the rear parking area.

See ya there. (gotta get pics of 'sandman's' Galactic Blue for reference)

Dean

tdi_allan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 2003 Jetta Sedan (Lemons racer), 2010 Touareg
[ QUOTE ]
Yep /images/graemlins/cool.gif, just got my new camera /images/graemlins/grin.gif.
See you all there.
Millen

[/ QUOTE ]
Millen, what kind of camera did you get? I just picked up a Canon Digital Rebel (I have an investment in lenses... /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

See everyone there the 27th!

MilenP

Veteran Member
Hi Alan,
I got a Nikon Coolpix 5400.
Nikon recently came out with a new camera, but it's a lot of $$$ /images/graemlins/cool.gif.
See you in the Brat Stop /images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Millen

sinneD

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2006 Reflex Silver
anyone with a good 'relationship' with dealers in the area want to extnd them an invite? maybe they can bring door prize?

dennis

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
[ QUOTE ]
anyone with a good 'relationship' with dealers

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha...that a good one D. A good "relationship"? Is that like getting raped with sand in the Vaseline and liking it? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

No, really, I know what you mean. Not a bad idea though.

Galactic_Warrior

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta
Dennis,

Considering your good relationship with the dealer in Glenview, maybe you can approach them!

Haha!

Seriously, I have no personal experience (good or bad), but I have heard that Libertyville VW is supposed to be decent.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
[ QUOTE ]
since everything worked out soo well, should we do a yahoo groups 'list' to email reminders out and such, and have a place to put pics? there is not an easy way to do a reminder list here on freds.

we need a catchy name- something with BONG perhaps. i suggest Bong Area Diesels And Suds Society- BAD-A$$

[/ QUOTE ]

Like our group. MADASS. Madison area diesel addicts support system.

WI_TDI_Fan

Veteran Member
TDI
Just another heads up for those that may have missed it, or are just catching up.

GTG @ The Brat Stop, Hwy 50 Kenosha, 6-630ish (PM). Meet up in the rear parking area. Let's get a count if we can so that the Brat Stop might be forwarned that a group 'other than old ladies bound for the dog track' will be 'dining and drinking' at some point in the evening.

Right, tally ho, I'm in !

Dean

WI_TDI_Fan

Veteran Member
TDI
[ QUOTE ]
Just another heads up for those that may have missed it, or are just catching up.

GTG @ The Brat Stop, Hwy 50 Kenosha, 6-630ish (PM). Meet up in the rear parking area. Let's get a count if we can so that the Brat Stop might be forwarned that a group 'other than old ladies bound for the dog track' will be 'dining and drinking' at some point in the evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/eek.gif Do I feel dumb or what ?

GTG at Brat Stop is Thur, May 27.

sinneD

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2006 Reflex Silver
rumor mill is churning. the 'new' guy from upsolute will be there. he may bring door prize and such.

dennis

BratscheMan

Veteran Member
TDI
none at present
[ QUOTE ]
rumor mill is churning. the 'new' guy from upsolute will be there. he may bring door prize and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

It figures he would make it the one month I can't attend! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

vwsandman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 01' Blue lagoon
I'll be there for sure with my new Sprint 520 nozzels all ready to go! You can never have enough mods! RC stage 2 is next! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

tdi_allan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 2003 Jetta Sedan (Lemons racer), 2010 Touareg
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It figures he would make it the one month I can't attend! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It figures he would make it while I cannot afford to buy a new clutch /images/graemlins/smile.gif

See everyone at the Brat Stop!

MiksTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 GLS Galactic Blue
I will be there... I am bringing my Fiancé too. Don't know if she will like it but I have to try.

How much is an UP chip? I got my Wett for 295. Just wondering what kinda power increase if any will be made...or just the difference.

BlueNB You going? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sinneD

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2006 Reflex Silver
the upsolute guy is NOT bringing a chip as a prize. if he does i'll drink rot-gut diesel instead of sprecher that night. i don't think is is planning on doing parking lot chipping either. jeez, you guys are as bad, no WORSE than 'texers. /images/graemlins/eek.gif

i asked robt (wolfie03) to bring a trinket or something as a door prize.

but, i am SURE he will be happy to answer all your questions and the like wrt chips and such.

MilenP

Veteran Member
Hei Ivan,
Congrats for the new nozzels /images/graemlins/cool.gif. Gotta try the car /images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Though, before you chip it, do a little reading around. On our previous GTG, here in Chicago, I talked to Pete and according to him, you have to be careful, when you mix chips and nozzles. For me (Up), he recommnded if any - .205.
I am also so ready for a new thing for the Jetta /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

See you there today,
Millen

vwsandman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 01' Blue lagoon
Hey Millen,
No worries on the chip/injector path. I am going with the RC stage 2 which is more or less modified 110 Euro ECU code. That way I won't get any more CEL'S from my DG race pipe and it is all made to work together. Sounds like I will have this when I am through "I recommend the stage 2 euro AHF and .205 injectors for best power, economy, and longevitity of turbo. This is 125hp/225ftlb, and very smooth linear power up to 5000 rpm.
This is also 17 psi max boost, and will get good fuel economy too." That is from Jeff Robertson at Rocket chip. I can't wait! See you tonight...

BTW I will be bringing my buddies 337 springs for you all to inspect....Maybe some one will buy them? $125 /images/graemlins/cool.gif