Additional CCM coding and configurations with VDS Pro

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
madelgado said:
I don't want to think that they have hacked the CCM so that no one can read their mods... that would be really ugly
Vag-Com works fine and even lets me get to the error codes, soft coding page, everything.

It is just VDS that can't read it.

I am thinking hack because when I try to access I get a brief "flash" of the dialog box that should show the address and then I get the function not available message. :(

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Occams_Razor said:
Vag-Com works fine and even lets me get to the error codes, soft coding page, everything.

It is just VDS that can't read it.

I am thinking hack because when I try to access I get a brief "flash" of the dialog box that should show the address and then I get the function not available message. :(
Did the same for me

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
And what if you want to activate the DWA or something else? It is YOUR CCM... and ok, you apply a certain product that modifies some "secret" bits... but just that (so you pay for a certain "know-how"), but I guess it does not clearly advice that your device is not accesible any more... hmmm, that explains why they did not offered another "flasher" to correct the bugs... maybe the serial read/write operations are disabled forever on that CCM, in which case these guys have something to say (I guess)

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
tongsli said:
Ramon,

You can still read the CCM via vag-com, right? When I had the KVW-100 CCM I couldn't scan it with VDS-pro either. Should we warn others that using KVW-100 will not allow VDS-pro to function?

L
Thing is I can't be sure of that because I used the KVW before I ever heard of VDS and I was not able to access the memory addresses in my 2003.

The 2002 CCM in both my wifes NB and my sister in laws VR6 have never been touched by KVW and I can access them fine.

We need a virgin 2003+ CCM, (that has never seen a KVW), to test and see if we can access the memory. If we can I would think then that KVW is the culprit.

maldego said:
And what if you want to activate the DWA or something else? It is YOUR CCM... and ok, you apply a certain product that modifies some "secret" bits... but just that (so you pay for a certain "know-how"), but I guess it does not clearly advice that your device is not accesible any more... hmmm, that explains why they did not offered another "flasher" to correct the bugs... maybe the serial read/write operations are disabled forever on that CCM, in which case these guys have something to say (I guess)
If that is true I am going to be even more royally pissed at the KVW folks than I am at VW. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
tongsli said:
I have a virgin 1C0 CCM in my wife's 2004 PD. I will scan tonight.
does it have folding mirrors? That is actually what I need, to compare a power mirror with folding mirrors and without it.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
madelgado said:
does it have folding mirrors? That is actually what I need, to compare a power mirror with folding mirrors and without it.
No it does not, sorry. But, doesn't Pheller have them?

Phil, you out there?

L

pheller

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 1.8t, 2003, Platinum Gray
tongsli said:
No it does not, sorry. But, doesn't Pheller have them?

Phil, you out there?

L
Nope, no folding mirrors here :-(

...yet ;-)

With respect to VDS on virgin 2002.5+ (1C0) CCMs... My CCM is a North American 1C0 959 799 C, Model Year 2003.

I performed the window mod via the VDS-PRO scripted action, and subsequently performed the DWA mod directly with VDS-PRO.

--phil

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
pheller said:
Nope, no folding mirrors here :-(

...yet ;-)

With respect to VDS on virgin 2002.5+ (1C0) CCMs... My CCM is a North American 1C0 959 799 C, Model Year 2003.

I performed the window mod via the VDS-PRO scripted action, and subsequently performed the DWA mod directly with VDS-PRO.

--phil
If this is true....... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: KVW :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Troxelke

TDI
Seat Leon TDI Topsport4
Hi Guys, I just signed up on this forum. WHAT a GREAT topics you have over here... I already did the window folding mod, works great!! Thanks for all the info!

But what I don't get about this "backup siren" mod... I have the 1CO 959 799 F comfort module. I also already have the interior sensor (so installed in the factory itself). Does that mean I automatically have the backup siren installed on my car? And does that mean, I only have to switch the bits with VDW (as I did for the folding windows)? Or do I really have to switch wires too?

Thanks for all the help!!!

Roy. :)

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Baleyba said:
Hi, please, could you confirm this horn: http://i17.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/7b/79/be87_1.JPG

is a backuped horn ? => it is working if we disconnect the battery?

Thanks
Bal.
The only thing that I can tell you is that the shape is exactly as mine, which is backed-up with battery... in ETKA I just see the ugly horn or this horn (backed-up)... so I deduct that the one in the picture has also a battery inside.

Baleyba

TDI
Golf IV 2003 (4doors)
Hi madelgado,

thanks for your quick answer!
I will receive my new ccm the next week ;)

regards,

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Troxelke said:
Hi Guys, I just signed up on this forum. WHAT a GREAT topics you have over here... I already did the window folding mod, works great!! Thanks for all the info!

But what I don't get about this "backup siren" mod... I have the 1CO 959 799 F comfort module. I also already have the interior sensor (so installed in the factory itself). Does that mean I automatically have the backup siren installed on my car? And does that mean, I only have to switch the bits with VDW (as I did for the folding windows)? Or do I really have to switch wires too?

Thanks for all the help!!!

Roy. :)
Hello and welcome! First thing is to find out which type of horn you have, electric or electronic... the standard horn for the whole world but UK (AFAIK) is the electric one, which sounds as the driving horn with a single tone.... if your alarm sounds like a police/ambulance electronic siren, then you have the back-up horn. You can also connect with vds-pro and read these 3 rows of 10 bytes:

04350 (write down the 10 decimal values)
04360 (write down the 10 decimal values)
04370 (write down the 10 decimal values)

Post it here and I will tell you your configuration.

If you want to replace a standard horn with electronic backup horn, then re-wiring is required, but it is not too much, about 30 mins to 1 hour taking your time.

Hope this helps

Troxelke

TDI
Seat Leon TDI Topsport4
madelgado said:
04350 (write down the 10 decimal values)
04360 (write down the 10 decimal values)
04370 (write down the 10 decimal values)

Post it here and I will tell you your configuration.
Here are the values for the above rows:

04350: 161 161 068 068 068 028 028 028 255 255
04360: 255 002 002 002 252 252 252 032 032 032
04370: 004 004 004 255 255 255 255 255 255 255

Could you maybe check what it means? Thanks! :)

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Troxelke said:
Here are the values for the above rows:

04350: 161 161 068 068 068 028 028 028 255 255
04360: 255 002 002 002 252 252 252 032 032 032
04370: 004 004 004 255 255 255 255 255 255 255

Could you maybe check what it means? Thanks! :)
Sure, sir: I don't know which car do you have... but I know from the bits that you have:

- autolock at 15 Km/h activated
- Not a passar or bora (maybe Golf MKIV?)
- auto unlock when key is removed from ignition
- you have heated exterior mirrors enabled
- you have alarm with interior monitoring enabled
- left hand drive
- you have done the auto roll up/down windows mod
- not a varian (so sedan)
- you have lock & unlock horn and blink active (maybe also lock & unlock horn with key?)
- you have alarm sound set to RestOfWorld, standard horn, not backup-horn

And that is all.... I have seen some differences with European models... maybe you can describe your car in terms of comfort functions that you may have (together with the model)

If you would like to replace the siren, you have to modify the wiring as described in this thread; once done with the wiring, then write with vdspro these values:

Address: 04367 -> 48
Address: 04368 -> 48
Address: 04369 -> 48

Once you are done, your current horn will stop working. The electronic backup siren will work instead. Remember that the part number of the siren for your car is 1J0 951 605 (A)

Good Luck!

Troxelke

TDI
Seat Leon TDI Topsport4
madelgado said:
Sure, sir: I don't know which car do you have... but I know from the bits that you have:

- autolock at 15 Km/h activated
- you have alarm sound set to RestOfWorld, standard horn, not backup-horn

And that is all.... I have seen some differences with European models... maybe you can describe your car in terms of comfort functions that you may have (together with the model)

If you would like to replace the siren, you have to modify the wiring as described in this thread; once done with the wiring, then write with vdspro these values:

Address: 04367 -> 48
Address: 04368 -> 48
Address: 04369 -> 48

Once you are done, your current horn will stop working. The electronic backup siren will work instead. Remember that the part number of the siren for your car is 1J0 951 605 (A)

Good Luck!
Thanks!!! And yes, you are right! About my car: It is a Seat Leon TDI Topsport4 (150hp with 4x4), out of 04-2003! Everything you mentoined is right! I have tried the values you mentoined (so all 032's in the last row to 048), and indeed the normal horn stopped functioning while pressing lock/unlock, but I did not get any sound. But what I still not understand:

- I thought that if I had the interior monitoring, I also had already the electronic backup horn. But this is not true (only have normal alarm horn)?
- Is there no car that has the electronic backup horn by standard out of the factory?
- Why is that re-wireing needed?

Really appreciate your help here!! Curious about your replies now already :)

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Troxelke said:
Thanks!!! And yes, you are right! About my car: It is a Seat Leon TDI Topsport4 (150hp with 4x4), out of 04-2003! Everything you mentoined is right! I have tried the values you mentoined (so all 032's in the last row to 048), and indeed the normal horn stopped functioning while pressing lock/unlock, but I did not get any sound. But what I still not understand:

- I thought that if I had the interior monitoring, I also had already the electronic backup horn. But this is not true (only have normal alarm horn)?
- Is there no car that has the electronic backup horn by standard out of the factory?
- Why is that re-wireing needed?

Really appreciate your help here!! Curious about your replies now already :)
- You have only normal horn... it must be under the wipers

- Yes, cars for the UK market have back-up horn. I did not find another car outside UK with this horn other than Polo 9N and latest SuperB.

- Normal horn works (chirps) just applying +12/ground signals... so two wires needed; when this horn is in silence, there is no +12.
- Electronic horn has permanent +12/ground for power (it is powered even when it is in silence) and the third wire is a data bus between the horn and the comfort module.

Check the first pages of this thread for wiring info. Regards!

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
madelgado said:
- Yes, cars for the UK market have back-up horn. I did not find another car outside UK with this horn other than Polo 9N and latest SuperB.
My .:R32 for Australia (RHD) has the electronic alarm horn too.

When the alarm goes off you do not get a "car horn honk"...you get an ear piecing shriek. It is very painful to the ears!:rolleyes:

Our cars were supplied with interior monitoring etc standard.

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
the 1J0 siren works perfectly on my car with no interior monitoring installed. Have to wait for warmer weather to permanently mount it.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
mtltdi said:
the 1J0 siren works perfectly on my car with no interior monitoring installed. Have to wait for warmer weather to permanently mount it.
I see from your web site that you bought several alarms. Do you still have any left and could I buy one from you? Prices?

Thanx,

Jason

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
EDITION: The procedure described here is for another mod... the mod for disconnecting the alarm with inmobiliser and not with the door lock is made by changing a different bit... clarified in this post by my edition

Hello, I will bring up this thread tu publish a new configuration bit (well, exactly 2) that I have found out. It is about the beep and blinkers flash when opening/closing with the key in the driver's door lock. By default, cars with stock alarm usually have this feature activated... but if you have activated the alarm afterwards (which is my case) then these bits will be 0, and this feature will be off.

Another mod consists in disconnecting the alarm with the inmo (key in ignition) when opening with the key in the driver's door-lock. VW configures the CCM so that when you open the car with the key, the alarm will be switched off; but you can change this functionality so that when you open with the key, the alarm will remain active during 30 seconds more, timeframe that you have to enter the key in the ignition (so that the inmo recognises the key). Then the cluster will send a "key recognition" message to the CCM and the alarm will be switched off.

This configuration bits only change the behaviour of the key lock and the alarm... and does not affect the behaviour of the remote...it works exactly the same.

With this change, when you open with the key, the led will keep blinking and the horn will not chirp or blinkers flash because the alarm is still on. It will be disabled when the inmo reads the key.

I only can confirm that it works for 1C0 CCMs, although this byte is also present in 1J0 CCMs... so it may work also for these CCMs. For those of you who want to try, this is the procedure:

EDITION: I will include both mods in the procedure.

MOD 1: Activate bip/flash when opening/closing by using the key into the lock:

* Connect and login vdspro to the CCM.

* Read address 04364. The first three bytes (which must be the same) will read a certain value, for instance a value of 48. Back-up in a piece of paper this number.

* Convert this to binary. So 48 = 00110000

* We have to set to 1 the bits in bold... if any is already with a value of 1 it will be kept like that... so the number turns into 00111100, which is equivalent to the decimal 60.

* We will write this number three times at addresses 04364, 04365 and 04366.

* Disconnect and test

MOD 2: Activate the disconnection by inmobiliser:

* Connect and login vdspro to the CCM.

* Read address 04355. The first three bytes (which must be the same) will read a certain value, for instance a value of 255 or 24 (it could be any other, depending on other features activated or disabled). Back-up in a piece of paper this number.

Now there are two possibilities: If you have 255, then the new value will be 128 to activate the mod. In another case, follow this:

* Convert the value to binary. So 24 (for instance) = 00011000

* We have to set to 1 the bit in bold... if it is already with a value of 1 then the feature is also active.. so the number turns into 10011000, which is equivalent to the decimal 152.

* We will write this number three times at addresses 04355, 04356 and 04357.

* Disconnect and test

This feature, for my understanding, makes the alarm "useful", because any thief can (and actually do) break the lock, open the car and disconnects the alarm all at once... with this, after 30 seconds of breaking the lock, the alarm will go off, even if the battery is disconnected. Nice feature for my understanding. Cheers!

Last edited:

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Miguel,

When you say key, are you referring to the remote?

When you unlock the vehicle, can you still do the selective unlock? For those of us with Interior monitoring, this is not really a useful feature. I would end up setting the alarm off when I enter the car.

But for my wife's car, it is a good thing.

Lito

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
tongsli said:
Miguel,

When you say key, are you referring to the remote?

When you unlock the vehicle, can you still do the selective unlock? For those of us with Interior monitoring, this is not really a useful feature. I would end up setting the alarm off when I enter the car.

But for my wife's car, it is a good thing.

Lito
When I say "key" I refer to the phisical key used into the door lock... what's another way to say it? I would appreciate it so that I can improve my English ;-)

Since I do not use the selective unlock, I cannot tell you for sure if when you use the driver's door lock to unlock the car, it works the same as with the remote, or all the doors are unlocked just with one turn of the unlock... Anyway, I do have interior monitoring and the alarm does not go off when I enter into the car, so interior monitoring is disabled for those 30 seconds that you have to put the key in the ignition... This is why I said "the alarm is partially disabled" when opening by using the driver's door lock with the key. It seems that it changes the behaviour and just waits for the remote unlock to fully deactivate the alarm, the key into the ignition to deactivate the alarm or the timer to elapse to trigger the alarm.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks for the clarification. So using the radio remote will still disable the alarm, immediately.

It's the actual use of the KEY which changes.

Still a cool feature! Nice to know that about the Interior Monitoring.

I would guess that most people use the radio remote(FOB) to unlock their vehicle.

Lito

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
tongsli said:
I would guess that most people use the radio remote(FOB) to unlock their vehicle.
Of course ;-) I also use the remote 99,99% of the times... the problem comes when it is a thief unlocking the car... he will not use the FOB... but he will put a screw driver or something in the lock to break the lock and move the switch... the problem is that for most of the cars with stock alarm, when the thief unlocks by using brute force on the door lock, it will also disconnect the alarm, so no warning (at least in Spain it is configured like that for VWs)... you can try it simply by opening normally with your key... if it disconnects the alarm then it will do the same if someone manages to move the switch manually inside the lock.

But with this mod it is not a problem any more, because when opening by using the door lock switch, the car will also request the inmo key recognition to disable the alarm.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Right, but didn't we also figure out how to disable the auto-down with the windows using VDS-pro?

You could also disable that feature with the key altogether.

Either way, it works.

Lito

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
But Lito, if someone forces the door lock, it will turn off the alarm, even if the windows don't roll down, the door will be unlocked - this is something that Miguel's mod prevents.