40K Service costs

Chopdadddy

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
Dealer quoted me $749 for 40k service with DSG service. Does anyone know where I can get it done cheaper in the Columbia/Balto MD area?

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
This seems a bit high for our area on this service....but maybe in your area it's about the going rate. Half of what you're paying is for the DSG service, which is why I DIY'd the 40K in my garage. Plenty of helpful stuff in this forum if you want to do that.

j2112morris

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 Premium Plus TDI (sold)
That seems typical for the two areas I checked: South Bend, IN, and the Chicago-land area. I opted to purchase the VW Protection Plus Service Package for ...$719? It covers both the 40K (w/DSG) and 50K.

Drive safe.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Changing filters (fuel, cabin...engine filter change is probably at 60k miles) is easy/cheap on these cars, will save you some. IIRC, the rest of the 40k service is visual inspection, tire rotation.
I'd recommend the oil/filter change (wait for a special?), change filters yourself, and forego the official "40k service". A good responsible tech (yes, they DO exist at VW dealerships) will look over brake linings, and do a visual check, anyway!