DSG service and being level

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
When I finally got my DSG serviced, I posted a separate thread:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=457823
Your experience was obviously very different from the standpoint of accessing the DSG filter housing.

A few points:

1. I avoided a from the DSG filter cap by unscrewing the cap until it was just unthreaded, then leaving it alone for a few minutes. There was just a little to wipe up from around the base of the housing.

2. The Hoppy "Flo-Tool" works like a charm IF the new oil is heated up first. I just put all 5 bottles in the kitchen sink in hot tap water. I then went in at about 5 min. / liter.

3. I have decided that worrying about level is not a consideration when doing top fill. Therefore, I just used my Rhino Ramps. No worries.

4. The big deal on all these cars, it seems, is just working out how to get at that filter. Next time, things will go faster, and it's just not that big a deal for the savings involved in DIY.

5. Your amount sounds like what everyone else gets out with top fill. You measured 4 liters but spilled some— I measured about 4.5 liters, so I put in 4.7, allowing for 200 ml in the old filter. It's going to work, I just can't imagine how a few hundred ml either way in a volume of almost 7 liters (2-2.5 liters is not drainable) is going to make any difference.

Last edited: