Rear deck rattle

ksugman

TDI
2013 Passat
Back deck rattle

I have taken my car into the dealer 2 times now in regard to the rattle and they've yet to fix it. They said they can't "duplicate" the sound of it. Mine happens mostly with music but depending on the temp outside it will rattle when hitting bumps as well. My car has around 15K on it now and has been doing this since about 9-10K. I'm getting really fed up with it and don't know why they can't fix it! :mad:

vw_norm

Gone, but not forgotten.
TDI
2012 NMS TDI SEL Platinum Gray w/moonrock
I have a similar noise that recurs occasionally. It appears to be coming from the C pillar trim where it abuts the rear window. I used a nylon pry tool to move the trim away from the rear window slightly by pushing it towards the front of the car. It went away for a while, and is starting to return as the trim moves ever so slightly. May need to remove the trim eventually and see if it can be shaved slightly on the edge against the back glass.
There is this thread about putting neoprene washers between the subs feet and deck, along with locktite on the screws. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5649915-Installation-of-extra-led-lights-in-the-trunk&p=77907532&viewfull=1#post77907532

ksugman

TDI
2013 Passat
Fix found?

So I took my car back in today and FINALLY found a service technician who thought he could fix it. Turns out they ended up ordering a whole new back deck, so we'll see if that fixes it. Thank goodness my car is still under warranty! :)