Can anyone recommend a good VW mechanic in TO?

TOCleanDieselWag

TDI
2017 BMW 328d M Sport Touring (Wagon)
Hi,

Sorry for the cross-post, but my original (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=3120713#post3120713) did not seem to net any replies...

====================

Our '02 TDI is starting to develop a bit of a wobble felt through the steering wheel and the seat on hard acceleration. I'm thinking that at close to 160k kms we're probably getting close to having CV joint replacement in our future.

We've always had the car serviced at Don Valley VW, but think maybe it's a good time given the age of the car to go elsewhere.

I've read the reviews and suggestions posted here, but not sure if they are still current.

Would the concensus be to avoid Peter's VW?

Any other good garages that could be trusted for this type of repair?

Thanks!

flyboy320

Veteran Member
TDI
2018 e-Golf
If you have a new car, do you guys find it's best to stick with the dealer for routine maintenance like oil changes until out of warranty, and then go to someone like DCB?

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
If you have a new car, do you guys find it's best to stick with the dealer for routine maintenance like oil changes until out of warranty, and then go to someone like DCB?
If you're referring to the "free" oil changes that are included with some cars, you may find that it's still better to pay someone like Brandon to do the work... at least you know it won't be messed up, which is something that people who have gone back to their dealers can't always say... (I've been known to say that often one finds that one can't really afford those "free" services...)

Yuri

Last edited:

flyboy320

Veteran Member
TDI
2018 e-Golf
If you're referring to the "free" oil changes that are included with some cars, you may find that it's still better to pay someone like Brandon to do the work... at least you know it won't be messed up, which is something that people who have gone back to their dealers can't always say... (I've been know to say that often one finds that one can't really afford those "free" services...)

Yuri
Haven't bought my TDI yet, but don't think there are any free services up here in Canada, just the US, but I could be wrong on that....

Thanks for the advice on going to Brandon, I plan on it when I get my new TDI in the new year.