MN Chat Thread

GlenB4

TDI
06 Jetta / 02 Jetta
So Jon got the B5, who bought the 05 Jetta that was in Fairbault?

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I am loading up my car with what I need for putting in my down pipe. Anyone want me to bring my Power Motive brake bleeder or MityVac?

sirpuddingfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat, 05 Jetta
If anyone has a fix for a flaky cruise control issue (I think it might be as simple as a bad switch or contacts in the switch), feel free to bring it with. I can get cash if necessary.

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
Well nice to see the pretty cars at Leppy's, I worked up a sweat watching Green Geeker. My Sump Pump turned out to be just a check valve, so I can afford to buy fuel again this month.

JasonCzerak

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
Hey, welcome, are you the guy from the Nissan dealer?

He was talking about a 1600 ft-lb cummings but not a TDI.

Jon
No dealer association here. But when properly pumped, I've put down 1600#foot in my truck. Looking for more this year with a turbo change and I do have bigger injectors since the last dyno pulls last year. Also I did build, mostly from scratch an interesting water kit.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
The dealer we talked to about the jetta(sirpuddingfoot asked about valve body) said he had a cummings putting out 1600ft-lbs so I thought maybe it was you. I bet that thing is one wild ride.

Jon

JasonCzerak

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
Nope not me.

There are like 1% of random folks that I believe a thing about their "modded diesel truck". If I know you a little, you're not in the bucket normally.

I'm 100% honest and I'll tell you everything I did, what I broke, what I did wrong, etc, etc, etc if you want, but I'm sure 99% of the folks that ask me about my truck think I'm full of chit, so I try to keep things short and simple, sometimes I play dumb and it's stock because it's not worth the headache at times ya know.. But that is the diesel truck world, everyone "stacks" a few boxes and parts and adds up the numbers and make 1000hp.

Is that a similar trend in the TDI world? I suppose I'll find out! hahahaha

In the end it's entertaining pointless conversation most of the time. :)

Right now, if I jump on the rollers I'd be surprised to see 550. Stage 2 pump and 110% over injectors are not the most efficient combo, boost is down 10psi over last year. The fuel just isn't there. There's a story behind why and all but it's not appropriate for this form I suppose

But, when it was running strong. Yes, 50mph and getting sideways never got old! I never got it to the track. It's a dyno queen daily driver..... :)

JasonCzerak

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
Got a build thread anywhere on the interwebs?
No build thread. It's been years learning from others mistakes and my own. BUT, when I hit the big number I did post a spec thread.

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72552

I believe the "single 64 fuel only" record still stands. There are 2 others that are very very close and might as well share the same title as far as I care.

specs:
http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/showpost.php?p=930349&postcount=50

Last edited:

JasonCzerak

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
As far as the TDI. I ordered a bunch of amsoil fluids and filters. Bentley service manual. Friend in making me the EGR plates.

vag-com. anyone here care to share this and disable the necessary EGR related stuff in the ECU?

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Just had one yesterday (thanks Leppy! Hope the shindig went well).

EGR cannot be disabled with vcds nor can your check engine light be deleted once you remove the EGR system.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
I'm all ears on that one. You can reduce the flow which has other ramifications but why would you do that once you've blocked off 100% flow with your delete. You can try the MAF twist and see if that works with your CEL but most just get a tune to delete the code...well that or they live with their light on. :eek:

v8 coupe

Veteran Member
TDI
09 rabbit 2.5L Gas
was great seeing you all yesterday. Richard thanks again for adding to my delinquency with the HX35w! I'll order a rebuild kit and get it all set up so.

Oh and the party afterwards was amazing you guys should have stayed.

JasonCzerak

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
I'm all ears on that one. You can reduce the flow which has other ramifications but why would you do that once you've blocked off 100% flow with your delete. You can try the MAF twist and see if that works with your CEL but most just get a tune to delete the code...well that or they live with their light on. :eek:
Ahhh ok. So who's decent for tunes?

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Ahhh ok. So who's decent for tunes?
Oh you want to start a war!!!! I like Rocketchip and that is my opinion. Many here like Kerma or Malone as with them you buy a loader that allows them to email you modification to your tunes and then you load them onto your car.

IMHO if your car is within normal tune limits, Rocketchip tune will work right the first time. If you are pushing the limits of tuning it could definitely be the case that you need the loader as the tuner won't be able to figure your car out.

Being your first tune any of them will work. I have been with Rocketchip for a long time which is why I have two ECU adapted to my car: change tunes, I Fedex my ECU to him, and run on my second ECU while I wait. Of course now you can wait until spring and someone in SE WI will have a GTG and Jeff will show up and tune you on the spot.