Gtd1752vrk?

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Anybody out there to comment on the use of the GTD1752, as set up for ALH/BEW engines like the folks at gottuned in Poland make?
https://gottuned.com/product/gtd175...m-converted-and-welded-onto-stock-1-9-2-0tdi/

I am not out for lots and lots of power, or a build that will need a significantly larger clutch. Tune for a little more boost, and likely use of DLC800 injectors.

Feel free to talk me out of this, but the latest of the VNT turbo's for minimum lag is attractive...:)
cheers,
Douglas

Joseph@1973

TDI
2015 golf tdi
Hi I have a 2015 golf tdi just added a plug and play. Ts performance chip called MK-7. What a difference it makes

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
I am not out for lots and lots of power, or a build that will need a significantly larger clutch. Tune for a little more boost, and likely use of DLC800 injectors.

Douglas
this will not be for you.
230HP at 28PSI
you will need a upgraded clutch, nozzles (800's will not cut it for this), 2 bar MAP, Tune, just to make this turbo worth a darn.
i would consider 230HP a LOT of power, i know, im running about that and its a rocket ship. I may end up getting this turbo, thanks for the link!

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
That is an awesome turbo for a daily driver where you're not looking to go too crazy with horsepower. I say go for it.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
So then Mongler, what is going to give me the same spool rate/no lag, and low exhaust pressure as this one?

Remember, mild, efficient tune that does not twist its tail too much. The car has yet to cross 90k miles and I see no reason to turn this thing into a postcard of how far not to go. The 800's will shorten the delivery period adequately, and not so much boost at moderate fueling. An efficient 125 hp would be adequate. Something a G60/VR6 clutch will handle...:)

If I want to turn up a toy, I do have a VE 12V, Cummins...:)
cheers,
Douglas

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
125 HP?
this turbo is sweet i will say but geese what crazy overkill!, a tune alone will do that.
clutch, nozzles and a nice 17/22 hybrid will do 175ish easily . a cam would be epic here too. but 125 hp is so easy to do seeing as the stock is 110, Are you sure you ment to type 125? im so confused!

Markus L

Veteran Member
TDI
Caddy (14D) 1.9TDI 2-stage 400+bhp, Passat 3BG 4motion AVF
VR6 clutch can handle at least 350Nm. So @ 4000 rpm it equals 147kW which is roughly 200 bhp. GTD1752VRK would be perfect for this. I'm going to install one in my Passat too.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
So then Mongler, what is going to give me the same spool rate/no lag, and low exhaust pressure as this one?

Remember, mild, efficient tune that does not twist its tail too much. The car has yet to cross 90k miles and I see no reason to turn this thing into a postcard of how far not to go. The 800's will shorten the delivery period adequately, and not so much boost at moderate fueling. An efficient 125 hp would be adequate. Something a G60/VR6 clutch will handle...:)

If I want to turn up a toy, I do have a VE 12V, Cummins...:)
cheers,
Douglas
Definitely go with the GTD1752VRK! Don't listen to Mongler98 he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about when it comes to anything newer than an ALH engine and doesn't realize you have a BEW or Pump duse(PD) engine in your car that will make right around 130whp with a good tune.

I'm not sure what clutch you're currently running, but if it's stock, then you'll eventually have to replace it if you wanna go past 150-160whp. When you do upgrade, make sure you get one good for future upgrades, since it's a slippery slope when it comes to power mods. ;)

To take full advantage of the GTD1752VRK you'll need a 4 BAR MAP Sensor, PD150 TIP, MAF, Injectors, either PD150 head bolts or ARP head studs to keep the head from lifting, FMIC, and a R32 DSG airbox with the R32 DSG snorkel to let the car breath better and of course a good tune.
This doesn't mean you need to do all of that at once, but as you increase boost/power you're gonna have to do most of those things. :)

For some more reading material and posts from someone(MAXRPM) who is actually running a GTD1752VRK start at post #33.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=484977

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions or I'm sure MAXRPM would be able to help you out. :D

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
Went with 1756 from these guys. Nice set up that replaced an older 17/22. Newer tech, newer turbine bearings, what is not to like! Spools so quickly...wonderful shut down whine. The only thing I did not like was the use of silicone hose for oil feed line. Stock OEM will work fine on ALH.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Went with 1756 from these guys. Nice set up that replaced an older 17/22. Newer tech, newer turbine bearings, what is not to like! Spools so quickly...wonderful shut down whine. The only thing I did not like was the use of silicone hose for oil feed line. Stock OEM will work fine on ALH.

That's the one I've been eyeing off. No need to replace my 17/22 at this
point, but I'm sure I'd get some good money for it if I decided to upgrade. Did you go for the billet wheel?

Cheers,
R*2

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
That's the one I've been eyeing off. No need to replace my 17/22 at this
point, but I'm sure I'd get some good money for it if I decided to upgrade. Did you go for the billet wheel?

Cheers,
R*2

Yup. Got $500 for my 17/22. It only had about 57K miles on it so lots of life left but doggedly slow to spool compared to the new 1756.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
Yup. Got $500 for my 17/22. It only had about 57K miles on it so lots of life left but doggedly slow to spool compared to the new 1756.

Thanks for the input! I've got about 30k on my 17/22, and car's running good, but it'd be nice to up the ante when I get my Franko6 head & cam.

I installed a catch can about 2k ago, and that has really helped clean up the turbo, noticeable improvement on lag, and I suspect on longevity.

Cheers,
R*2

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
If you get Frank to do a head for you I recommend the porting along with the rebuild. It really helps with breathing / exhaust. Dual springs worth it too.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
If you get Frank to do a head for you I recommend the porting along with the rebuild. It really helps with breathing / exhaust. Dual springs worth it too.

Definitely going for the porting, hadn't heard about dual springs.
I'll give him a nudge, he's had the head a while but recently announced that he got a CNC set up for the porting.
Thanks!

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
The 1756 should do quite well russe11, it is not like its inducer is the size of a Shoo-Fly pie...:)
cheers,
Douglas

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
Doug & Kiwibru,

Thanks for the input, gottuned has a host of options, and I'm gradually
learning about the possibilities and options. My current Wuzetem .230
nozzles are a bit oversize for the 17/22 and my 26psi tune, I'm running
them at an IQ of 8 for no smoke, so I could easily go a bit more on the turbo.

The head and a rebuilt pump will go on next TB in 10k or so, ie this coming fall.
I'll make a decision then about a turbo that'll handle a
bit more pressure. I must admit the ceramic bearings sound like a
good idea, and with the extra water cooling. I'll have to consult with
Mr Chill, he's running a GTD2260VKLR. All the offerings are circa
$1500, so the price differences are minor, just the question of capacity and how far I want to push the car.

Thanks again gents,,,, lol, upgraditis is a dangerous disease!

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Doug & Kiwibru,

That is for sure. Sometimes you think you have beat it, then it rises up to clobber you on the head...whispers in the back of the brain...upgrade, upgrade, renew, renew...I sometimes think the car will out live me!
Oh, and you are most welcome! Enjoy the process!

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Like I started out saying; don't need lots ov power. Also recognize other turbo's can do what this can, at the power level I seek, albeit with more lag. Its a small upcharge vs any reasonable upgrade replacement...with potential to go as far as I see ever wanting to go.
cheers,
Douglas

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Doug & Kiwibru,

Thanks for the input, gottuned has a host of options, and I'm gradually
learning about the possibilities and options. My current Wuzetem .230
nozzles are a bit oversize for the 17/22 and my 26psi tune, I'm running
them at an IQ of 8 for no smoke, so I could easily go a bit more on the turbo.

The head and a rebuilt pump will go on next TB in 10k or so, ie this coming fall.
I'll make a decision then about a turbo that'll handle a
bit more pressure. I must admit the ceramic bearings sound like a
good idea, and with the extra water cooling. I'll have to consult with
Mr Chill, he's running a GTD2260VKLR. All the offerings are circa
$1500, so the price differences are minor, just the question of capacity and how far I want to push the car.

Did you ever upgrade your turbo?

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
Did you ever upgrade your turbo?

Not yet, car's running so good it'd be silly to mess with it. Current project
is my CRD (common rail diesel) jeep. Bought it as an upgraded tow vehicle,
unfortunately the auto tranny wasn't really up to it, and there are no good
manual options.

The Liberty is in the shop now getting a better torque converter, larger
transmission cooler, and an overhaul with a trans go spring kit. Goal is
to be able to reliably pull a ton of travel trailer. The teardrop has been fun,
and the Golf has had no problem back and forth across the country, but
we want something a bit bigger.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
Has anybody upgraded GTDVRK turbos besides Bruce and I in this side of the pond? Father day is now time to give yourself a gift, this turbo works great for any TDIs.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
I am still on the fence pending a test ride / test drive.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
I have one slightly used up for grabs in the for sale section...
It is a great turbo for daily driving..just wish I could do a SMF to enjoy all the low end grunt it had to offer.

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Strange on my ALH I went from an SMF to a DMF and lost almost nothing in acceleration and gained a huge amount in smoothness.

I had an SMF in my 98 VR6 and that did make a big difference.

???

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
I have one slightly used up for grabs in the for sale section...
It is a great turbo for daily driving..just wish I could do a SMF to enjoy all the low end grunt it had to offer.

Dayum! Now there's a deal. Tapped out at the moment with Jeep upgrades.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
There's oddly not that much attention for it. It's a better turbo for the earlier cars that can run a SMF without issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Strange on my ALH I went from an SMF to a DMF and lost almost nothing in acceleration and gained a huge amount in smoothness.

I had an SMF in my 98 VR6 and that did make a big difference.

???
The DMF will be beat to death in short order with the amount of low end torque the 1752vrk can make.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

shakescreek

Veteran Member
TDI
18'6" welded aluminum jetboat with pd160, gtb2056vl, and tuning by rub87, 2003 chev blazer with bhw swap, 2000 jetta alh with gtd1752 vrk, .240 injectors, 11mm pump, fmic, 6 spd manual
I've been running a gtd1752vrk with a dmf on my alh jetta for a little more than 3 years with no issues(.240 injectors). I have the 240mm 150pd dmf though, along with a 6 spd. Love the turbo, much better pull down low than the stock vnt15.