Official Ontario CARS FOR SALE thread

curtis75

TDI
none, yet
SOLD - Ford ranger converted to TDI using 2002 VW ALH engine. Engine has been upgraded to make more torque than the original 4.0L while getting 25-30mpg. The TDI engine is mated to the Ford manual transmission with a 3/8” thick steel adapter plate. (Note FX4 has an upgraded trans over regular Ranger). The truck was intended to be my daily driver, but I need a vehicle I can put 2 car seats in now. The truck is in good shape and has been stored inside for the last 8 years. Asking $8000

Specs:

FX4 Extended cab, Passed safety inspection Dec 2022.
Front and rear brakes replace Dec 2022. (Front Calipers, rotors, pads. Rear shoes and hardware)
2.5” SS exhaust (magnaflow Cat back)
Continental Winter Tires on rims, plus 32” BFG All Terrains
Spray in bedliner

2002 ALH TDI engine
New cylinder head - Frank's VW TDI's, LLC
New Timing belt
Re-sealed 10mm injection pump (Feb 2022)
Large intercooler (29"x2.5x8")
Southbend Stage 2 Daily clutch (325 ft*lb) - KFM07 HD O
Powertrain moved forward 2”, Driveshafts lengthened/shortened
Ford Ranger Lift pump in place, with Holley Holley 12-887 Regulator
Bosio PowerPlus 764 Injector Nozzles
Tune by TD Tuning
3 bar map
VNT17 turbo

To do:
Electric fans need adjusted. Simple enough to do with the aftermarket controller, but hasn't been hot enough to need the fans yet.
Check engine light is wired backwards - The "Alchemist's CEL MIL Functionality Fix" !!! | TDIClub Forums
Temp gauge has quit working
No AC (all components except the hoses come with the truck)

Last edited:

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
Not mine and no affiliation with seller, was just randomly browsing for cars and came across this

Decent looking body from the pics, and at that mileage, that's a car that has many years left in it. Thought i'd share, maybe someone here might want to scoop up this gem

Cookdie

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
2014 VW Passat Highline TDI DSG for sale $11000
Located south of Barrie
New windshield this week, brakes and entire fuel system (warranty work by VW dealer) done last year.
Has some wear on the drivers seat (flaking on the vinyl(?) ) and has a scratch on the right rear bumper.
AC blows cold etc.. all items work.

Dark grey on black and it comes with a set of winter tires on alloys as well.

If you are interested let me know as I'm at the point of keeping or moving on.

All oil changes etc.. done regularly and all service records since I got it 3 years ago at 54k available.

please PM me and I'll share my phone number.

ss04vv

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 382k & counting...
SOLD 07-15-2023

Looking at selling the car I bought from McGuillicuddy last year. Car has been phenomenal but I'm looking to move onto bigger (literally) and better (arguable) things, either a V60 polestar or a V90. Description below (pretty much copy and pasted from his post #14), pictures at the below link. First pick/best deal will be given to TDIclub members. Car now has ~223k, the only work I've had to do was new struts, shocks and upgraded rear springs. Asking $8500 obo.

2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon, 5 spd manual, 223k | Cars & Trucks | Hamilton | Kijiji

2003 Jetta Wagon TDI with 5-speed manual transmission in Reflex Silver, 223,000 original kilometers. Options include power windows/locks/mirrors, heated seats/mirrors, cruise control, AC, all of which work perfectly. No sunroof (which is exactly the way you want it).

I purchased this car in 2022 from a fellow longtime tdiclub member, and am only thinking about selling because I'm looking at upgrading to a Volvo v90.

The car runs and drives great and will be sold safetied (needs nothing).

Upgrades include:
-DefenderTech steel skid plate
-Upgraded injectors and Malone tune installed by Giles at performancediesel.ca
-IDParts Quiet Clutch
-Bluetooth/hands-free head unit

Also comes OEM VW roof bars, Husky Liners (and original OEM VW floor mats that I never used), and a set of Hankook iPike winter tires mounted on OEM VW Monterey alloys.

Regular service items:
-Timing belt done at ~92K kms in late 2014. Still in excellent shape, no cracks or odd wear. I'd be fine with running it for another couple years, inspecting it every oil change, though, I can install a new kit for you for an extra cost.
-Brakes (all pads+rotors) done at 182K.
-Oil changes Rotella T6 5W40 for the first few changes and thereafter strictly LiquiMoly 5W40. Average oil change interval 9633 kms. Yes, I have a spreadsheet.
-Serpentine belt and idler assembly done at 148K.
-new Monroe quick struts, shocks, and ID parts wagon HD springs at 215k

Last edited:

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
I'm interested, but your asking price is more than l paid for our equivalent wagon in 2010.

GLWS, but let's talk if you don't get any takers and are willing to negotiate.

KAG

Veteran Member
TDI
None
2014 tdi Wolfsburg wagon. White Auto, 185k. 2 inch lift (euro springs, Konig active suspension) timing belt/water pump just done, DSG service, fuel filter, breaks. Everything works awesome, runs like a top. Daily driver, 90% highway since I bought it from barrie VW.
Thinking 12k.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Yea... For context, I picked up my 13 golf wagon 6 speed last year with a 125k km for 12000 out the door... Mine must be worth 18k now 😂
Only if you're put 25k on it and done no additional maintenance to it.... :cool:

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
Joking aside, I suppose the car market is still in quite the disarray with prices remaining stubbornly high. I got a "deal" for my car, where realistically, it was worth more in the current environment. When I was looking, I remember seeing a 14 wagon highline for sale at a dealer in Vancouver with 105k km, asking price was 27000 😬 I saved a screenshot at how absurd the price was

If people are still willing to pay stupid money on a car, I can't fault a seller, I'd be doing the same

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I know... this dude wants $35k USD for a 20 year old TDI.... so like you said, if people are willing to pay, why not?

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
If people are still willing to pay stupid money on a car, I can't fault a seller, I'd be doing the same
That's why I haven't made an offer on the ALH wagon. I'm willing to pay silly money for such a good example, but I draw the line at stupid.

ss04vv

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 382k & counting...
Last edited:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I know... this dude wants $35k USD for a 20 year old TDI.... so like you said, if people are willing to pay, why not?
Well, current high bid (no-reserve) is $3200, so I hope he's not counting on that $35K.

Edit/addition:
Oh - and especially for a Touareg?! Which is renowned for becoming a money pit....

Last edited:

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, current high bid (no-reserve) is $3200, so I hope he's not counting on that $35K.

Edit/addition:
Oh - and especially for a Touareg?! Which is renowned for becoming a money pit....
See for yourself

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
The Touareg sold for $21K. Seller didn't get the $35K he wanted.

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
The Touareg sold for $21K. Seller didn't get the $35K he wanted.
Nice t reg with low miles, definitely a unique specimen, but I personally can't justify that kind of money on a 20 year old car that isn't really anything that special. I hope the new owner will enjoy it for years to come though

boardom

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon TDI PD - Beige/Black
Hey all, not sure how active this board is, but figure if anyone would appreciate this it'd be y'all..

Photos: For Sale link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/710882940634479

2004 Jetta Wagon TDI (BEW), with ~230k KM's on it, a wee bit of work needed to get her back into tip top shape, but overall, a beautiful ride for those without 3 kids and a brand new puppy. I can get photos for those interested to document the rust, and any other specifics. I've got my hands full babying a 2005 xc90 that enjoys finding new ways to annoy me, so need to focus my energy on that one for a bit.