3 bar map and eurojet FMIC

KROUT

persona non grata
Doc if your respnding to me. It threw a code in both of my alh's. It did up the boost to 21 psi but the cel was there on my 00 golf and my 01 jetta. Both alh's.

KROUT

persona non grata
The code is map sensor implausable signal. Everything still works as it should but trust me it threw codes in both of my cars.

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
KROUT said:
Doc if your respnding to me. It threw a code in both of my alh's. It did up the boost to 21 psi but the cel was there on my 00 golf and my 01 jetta. Both alh's.
my 2001 Golf threw a code with the three bar map untill I had the ECU tuned.

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
I believe you Krout, is just odd.
We'll see, as by the end of next week I should have one. BB is on that:)
I'll update everyone.
It's weird, every ecu behaves differently. I posted this in another thread, with my original Made in Germany ECU I get the CEL for GP harness. With a 2000 ECU made in Mexico I don't. Same car, same day, same mods....

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
if you get a code for implausible correlation for the MAF (yes, MAF, not MAP) - that will throw the car into limp mode - same as if you unplugged the MAF altogether. I was also throwing 2 or 3 other codes for implausible correlation on the MAP sensor, but the engine still ran fine so long as the MAF code didn't come up. The MAF code was intermittent, but usually would trip if I totally let off the throttle at the high end of the rev range. MAF tested fine with vag-com and the codes disappeared when I put the 2.5 MAP sensor back in.

Keep in mind if you're running a 3-bar map on a tune that is set for 2.5-bar, you'll not be fully fueling. If you're overfueled with the 2.5, then that may not be a bad thing provided your turbo and setup can handle the extra boost.

I tried this two weeks ago on my PD (I know it probably threw more codes than an ALH would) and needless to say I have lots of experience clearing codes in vag-com ;).. ultimately ended up with a 22.5 psi tune and went back to the 2.5 bar for now - car runs great. :)

KROUT

persona non grata
You do not loose any fueling in my experience with the 3 bar map. It added alot of power with the extra boost. I ran my jetta like this for about 8 months.

Keep in mind if you're running a 3-bar map on a tune that is set for 2.5-bar, you'll not be fully fueling. If you're overfueled with the 2.5, then that may not be a bad thing provided your turbo and setup can handle the extra boost.

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
true, you're not going to lose any... but the engine isn't going to ADD fuel for the extra boost. you'll be running more boost with the same fuel. If you were overfueled before, this will help b/c you'll more effectively burn it and you'll indeed make more power that way.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I have a 3 bar map on my work bench, I think I am going to toss it in and see how things go :) I have more then enough fuel to compensate for it...

Bunniman

TDI
98 New Beetle
3 Bar MAPS

Hi to all! Sorry to reply to an old thread, But felt compelled to answer the Question: Remap Ecu for 3bar map on ALH's (Feb.98 build)?
Answer: NO,

I've been having problems w/1550 code. Had factory Map (20yrs old) kept on "pooping out" (went limp)at 52mph in 3rd, 64 in 4th, 69 in 5th (@ WOT)
Installed NEW 2.5bar map,--little improvement!.......Dropped in a 3bar Map.....
no more "1550"! YEAH! I did NOT do anything but clear the codes!!!!!!
Still did not have the "mid-range power", though......that turned out to be a BAD MAF that was NOT throwing codes (figured that out by reading Forums), replaced it and WOW! And no more 1550!
I noticed a difference in the map readings (b4 starting) btwn the Map's as well as the MAX boost readings, here they are: (all tested@ same time)
INIT Boost MAX (PER OBDII)
2.5 bar (old)- 28.4" Hg ~70.0" Hg (sets 1550) (@ WOT)
2.5 bar (new)- 29.2" Hg ~70.0" Hg (sets 1550) (@ WOT)
3.0 bar (new)- 25.4" Hg ~66.0" Hg --NO CODE!! (@ WOT)

Interestingly, after the new MAF was installed, code 1403 (egr low flow) keeps setting, n18 & n75 are new, valves mech work.
I'm waiting on a Vagcom, expecting it this week(just cleared customs).
I'm reluctant to remap the MAF, though. I'm concerned that it will screw up the balance achieved, causing more 1550's.
FYI, maf reading @ idle(@~170f) ~1.75#/s (new sensor)

I'll update after I get the Vagcom.
CHEERS!