Disappointed in dealer warranty

TDI+240k

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon TDI
I have a 2005 Passat wagon TDI with 240k+ miles. It has been a great car. In 2015 the transmission went and the dealer charged me ~4k to replace it. After just 17k more miles I now need another one and I'm told the dealer warranty is only 15k miles. I'm not inclined to go back to the dealer. I'm told Jasper offers 3 years unlimited mileage warranty. Does anyone have any experience with Jasper rebuilt transmissions?

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
I believe that would be the five speed Tiptronic 09A tranny?? If so, pretty durable unit but a bit picky about fluid level and some solenoid issues which typically easily resolved.
Proper TCM scan and trouble codes are a first step and must do. Doubt it needs replacement unless you have been towing/abusing it to an excess.

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
When did they increase the warranty? I had an 01M fail around that time, and I was told I only got a "parts" warranty on the reman unit - 1 year or 12,000 miles. (about 5 months of driving for me).

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I believe that would be the five speed Tiptronic 09A tranny?? If so, pretty durable unit but a bit picky about fluid level and some solenoid issues which typically easily resolved.
Proper TCM scan and trouble codes are a first step and must do. Doubt it needs replacement unless you have been towing/abusing it to an excess.
2005 Passat has a ZF transmission in it, not an 09A Japanese trans.