DPF & EGR delete questions...

shane.short

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Sedan 5spd, 2000 Jetta Sedan 5spd, 2011 JSW DSG(sold back to VW)
I ordered the buzzken 3" SS down pipe & exhaust kit & racepipe... I am going to do the malone stage 2 eco tune w/ a DSG tune as well but I can't get the money for the tune until I get my goodwill pkg & also tax season. Would I be okay to do the exhaust now and just throw a bunch of CEL's? Here in Hawaii the fastest you can drive is 60 but I normally only drive routes to work that max at 35. I remember reading somewhere it goes into "limp" mode and limits how fast or the rpm it can be driven, is that true? What would you recommend?

CG-Lock Racer

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Your car will smoke like crazy without the eco tune as it will still be trying to do regens. I had to drive mine for a few days before getting the tune. I had to shut it off at lights to keep from smoking everyone out.

shane.short

Veteran Member
TDI
Hmmmmmm might be a fun time considering my "Genuine High Emissions Volkswagen" decal.... thanks for the info.

Perry01

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf DSG w/tech package
Shane, I installed my downpipe, midpipe and racipe in my garage. I live in Kailua, if you have any questions, let me know. I'm sure you're going to enjoy your tune.

shane.short

Veteran Member
TDI
Awesome, appreciate man! Can't wait to get everything done. I'll be getting my ross tech micro-can cable hopefully tomorrow... If you don't have one let me know, I'd be glad to share!

Perry01

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf DSG w/tech package
I have a Hex+Can USB cable from Ross-Tech that I use on all 4 of the VAG vehicles in our household. Money well spent.

shane.short

Veteran Member
TDI
Awesomeness!!! Much agreed! I get to do the 80k service here in about 8k. Will be getting good use! Good to know somebody else on the island. I'm a total n00b to the TDI scene...

BsantosEuro

TDI
'11 Jetta, '11 Golf
I was told that I couldn't do the downpipe without the tune because it would create a fire

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
It could. And it would definitely make an attention getting smokescreen. And you would be in limp mode.

shane.short

Veteran Member
TDI
Great info! Def don't want to do it apart from the tune then lol I appreciate all the help. Got my buzzken down pipe to cat back in today. :)