White smoke 2k rpm misfire

Muskrat619

Veteran Member
TDI
01 mk4 tdi alh
Ok been fighting this dumb car for a long time finally think I’m getting somewhere original problem.

Misfire and white smoke anywhere above 3k rpm

Now today had injectors popped and cleaned they were gummed up pretty good
Put them back in started it idles much smoother but now I can’t rev above 2k rpm without heavy white smoke and misfire have not hooked up vagcom yet but I’m leaning towards injectors fubar what are your brains thinking?

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Scan with VCDS, that's what I think!

Could toss out all sorts of things, but why? Gather data first!

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You might try unplugging your MAF and see how it operates. It'll be kind of doggy, but should otherwise be smooth if it's a bad MAF. NOTE: unplugging the MAF will trip a CEL; it'll go away, or you can clear in VCDS.

Muskrat619

Veteran Member
TDI
01 mk4 tdi alh
OK so no codes new maf while trying to cure this gonna try a compression test again Monday no rule out bent rod

Muskrat619

Veteran Member
TDI
01 mk4 tdi alh
Dumping fuel ok so far I have replaced map maf fixed all boost leaks had injectors checked they are all in great shape all data I have checked on vcds is on point I uploaded logs on another thread fixed all vacuum leaks just did a compression test all checked at 425-415 passed leakdown test is there a way to check the injection pump?

blis

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI Polo 2006 (2005 built)
After my turbo let go I was dumping large amounts of unburnt fuel... Eventually cleaned MAP and intercooler and it stopped. Kept getting a hesitation, saw my Boost pipe at intake expand with pressure and disconnected the EGR Flap/Throttle/Air intake, call it what you want and I've had no further hesitations other than a weird rattle anomaly that hasn't recurred. Did everything you've done except injectors.

I'm still running the car without the Throttle/EGR flap and there's no hesitation and still no wiser but it's not blowing smoke and no lag and she's running like she always has.

2 cents (Inc Tax) + 50% discount, so it's not worth much, but thought I'd chime in and keep the bells ringing :)

Muskrat619

Veteran Member
TDI
01 mk4 tdi alh
Thank you for reply it’s a new turbo not saying new turbo can’t go bad but it’s still building boost on point egr and flap delete all new piping and intercooler everything but injectors and ecm and injector pump has been replaced had injectors tested and cleaned the other day no help

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
How many threads do you have for this problem?

P.S. PLEASE uses some punctuation. That last post is a huge run-on sentence (and is torture on folks to read- you have more at stake in resolving your issue, don't turn off folks from trying to help [for free]).

Muskrat619

Veteran Member
TDI
01 mk4 tdi alh
Ment to write SOLVED just coming back to tie up loose ends thank you guys for all the help it ended up being junk in the fuel tank. Under a load it would suck the crap into the screen and starve it of fuel