Anyone else receive a free oil change e-mail?

Jibeho

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
Reads like this..

Dear
Our records indicate that you recently had Phase 2 of the Approved Emissions Modification completed on your vehicle. The purpose of this communication is to advise that, as a result, you are also eligible to receive a complimentary oil change with filter. To redeem this benefit, please contact your preferred Volkswagen dealership and schedule the service and reference the complimentary maintenance offer for the AEM

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
Be careful its not some gimmick that by accepting the free oil change you are agreeing to some service or extended warranty insurance contract.

Jibeho

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
It came from this e-mail address
TDISettlementSupport_NoReply@vw.com

And this is the message

Dear xxxxx,
Our records indicate that you recently had Phase 2 of the Approved Emissions Modification completed on your vehicle. The purpose of this communication is to advise that, as a result, you are also eligible to receive a complimentary oil change with filter. To redeem this benefit, please contact your preferred Volkswagen dealership and schedule the service and reference the complimentary maintenance offer for the AEM.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email is being sent from an account that does not receive replies. For questions or other issues related to the VW/Audi/Porsche Diesel Emissions Settlement, please visit www.VWCourtSettlement.com or contact the Settlement Support Team at 1-844-98-CLAIM.
To ensure delivery to your inbox, add claims_noreply@vwgoa.com to your address book.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I would only do it if they promised to strip the drain plug, overfill the engine and put swirl marks in the finish with the complementary car wash. Greasy fingerprints on the interior would be a plus, but not required.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
I would only do it if they promised to strip the drain plug, overfill the engine and put swirl marks in the finish with the complementary car wash. Greasy fingerprints on the interior would be a plus, but not required.
LOL, i wouldn't go if they gave me one too (unless they just handed me the filter/oil to diy)

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Hey we got $300 visa card when I complained to VWoA our "new" Passat had 2014 maps in it.

the wife and I took the $300 to ikea and bought a couple dressers.