www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old June 13th, 2018, 11:33   #1
richu

Fuel Economy: 42
Default W-gate to VNT woes, need expert help

Hi all, my first post on here but many over on the T4 forum.
I'm here because I simply can not find anyone in the Devon & Cornwall region who knows how to conduct the work I'm describing below - I have spoken to all of the main players who say I'm talking rubbish!
Project Spec
I have a stage 2 (I guess) AJT (originally a massive 88bhp.. ha) that I'm hoping to upgrade to the euro-spec AXG that was standard 150 - I have a hybrid garrette so perhaps a little more power to gain over stock AXG (lovely work by the turbospeed boys) and all the genuine vw AXG bits ready to go.
Now, I have personally touched, drooled and ridden in a T4 that started off as an 88 that is currently sitting at 213brake, and will hope to reach 300bhp this year that was re-written with an AXG file to manage the Garrette VNT.
I have also spoken directly to the guy who conducted the ECU re-programing/AXG 'flash'....and have his messenger 'how to' guide of what he did.
So, does anyone in England, apart from the chap mentioned above ..(he''s currently building his family home and simply can't stop to ...'play vans') have the skills to perform this task as it''s the last chapter in my power quest.
I hope to reach 165-175 with much quicker pick up, moving from a small waste gate to a hybrid VNT.
I have a n75 with bulb from an audi avant before anyone asks , & air box and ducting, maf pipes, AXG turbo manifold. An underslung IC will go in to.
Thanks in advance for any info that moves me closer to my final power goals.

Last edited by richu; June 13th, 2018 at 13:07.
richu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 14:48   #2
m1ketdi
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Leon BKD
Fuel Economy: 50+mpg

Lots of people in the UK are capable. Maybe less options in the southwest though.

To get it running you will need an ecu from an AXG or similar, flashing vnt software to a wg ecu isn't possible that I know of. Then either delete the immobiliser on that ecu or get it matched to the van.

Of course you'll need the axg injectors too.

Then once you have it running with the above any half respectable tuner should be able to tune it for you.
m1ketdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 23:33   #3
adamss24
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 35-45mpg

You can get a vw LT 102 Bhp k14 turbocharger, clock the housings as per the T4 and weld wastegate 90 degrees off as per t4. Add a ko3/ko4 compressor wheel and AEL/AXG injectors and you will be pushing way over 180 Bhp with a tune. Alternately you can go VNT but the gt2052v from the AXG is quite small but enough for 180 Bhp. Of course one can hibridise that to a 2056v spec or a 2060v spec with enough potential to break 250 Bhp with bosio race nozzles. Your biggest worry will be the clutch/ gearbox, the AJT has a poor gearbox and a uprated clutch is quite dear from Sachs SRE... there is no problem flashing VNT software onto a edc 15v that had wastegate file...
adamss24 is offline   Reply With Quote