Two Month Club

SaltyCityMPGz

TDI
2010 GOLF 2D DSG
SaltyCityMPGz--
Aside from attempting to speak with the hot mess of VW reps, who did you contact with class counsel? Just was wondering if there was a specific person you email/called? TIA
I spoke with Cameron Saunders with Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP. He answered the email I sent to the Class Council. He actually was very helpful elevating my concerns and sharing information.

alightner

TDI
Multiple
I spoke with Cameron Saunders with Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP. He answered the email I sent to the Class Council. He actually was very helpful elevating my concerns and sharing information.
FYI - Cameron is a woman, I've spoken to her on the phone, and yes she is very helpful.

BPofMD

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
Does anyone REALLY believe this??? VIA snail-mail? Has anyone here received an offer via the USPS?

Green Hare

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Does anyone REALLY believe this??? VIA snail-mail? Has anyone here received an offer via the USPS?
I am at the point where I believe nothing they tell me from the Claims line...

TDJ: @VW @vwcares @FTC so we complete another week with no offer? Somehow not surprised one bit. Now at 65 Days and counting. #TDIOwnersUnite

Green Hare

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
TDJ: @VW @FTC does @VWCares? Sure you're not working on Sunday but that doesn't stop the calendar. 66 Days and counting no offer. #TDIOwnersUnite

k12rs

TDI
2000 jetta TDI sold. 2013 golf TDI 6sp
Add me to the list , all green check marks on Nov 20. Still waiting tic toc tic toc. The silence is deafening.

GearHd6

TDI
2014 Jetta Premium 6 Speed
There is a person in another thread that says he uploaded on Monday and was getting his offer letter notarized on Thursday and scheduled his buyback Friday.

dropnosky

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta 6 speed, 2012 Passat DSG
Also a member. Though i did get an email yesterday requesting a document i dont have, should be interesting to sort that out.

air1mtt

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI: took buyout, 2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI: took buyout
Documents being reviewed to determine eligibility since 11/06. Need dsg and oil change. Don't want to spend to have it done but may have to

Snufalufagus

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf TDI, 13 CC R-Line (wifey's)
Docs approved and waiting final offer since Nov 3rd. Called and all they could tell me was yep. Looks like you are waiting final offer. Gee thanks.

dropnosky

Veteran Member
TDI
some of you folks are looking at this in the wrong way if you own on the vehicle. Personally I welcome that the longer it takes, the closer I am to a fully paid loan and more readily available cash for a replacement and no need for a future loan on another car.

I have been making quadruple payments since the scandal started for this exact reason.

the trouble people are having with loan payoff delays only reinforces my plan to fully own the car when it comes time to turn it in. I welcome every paperwork delay, and all feet dragging.

GearHd6

TDI
The reason I'm in a hurry is, it's a lease that we planned to buy out at the end. Ours is a 14 so it's missing the fix that's approved for the 15+ cars. So, essentially ever payment I make on this car is a waste of money to me. I just want it gone so I can invest the payment money into something I'll actually keep.

jblondin

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
some of you folks are looking at this in the wrong way if you own on the vehicle. Personally I welcome that the longer it takes, the closer I am to a fully paid loan and more readily available cash for a replacement and no need for a future loan on another car.

I have been making quadruple payments since the scandal started for this exact reason.

the trouble people are having with loan payoff delays only reinforces my plan to fully own the car when it comes time to turn it in. I welcome every paperwork delay, and all feet dragging.

Not sure if this is wise. Right now VW is aware they are dragging their feet on this, and so far there has been no penalty of any kind on them. I do not count my chickens before they hatch. So to pay MORE into a car that you have no idea when, or if you will get payment at all? I could see saving money on the side to pay it off if necessary, but really? Id buy gold, silver, or bitcoin long before I gave VW an extra dollar of mine.

Green Hare

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
What does this even mean????
TDJ (tweet du jour)... I'm going to make a snarky tweet every damn day until I have an offer letter in my inbox. Calls to the Claims have told me it was generated on 11/8 (docs approved 11/3). Nobody can seem to resolve some issue causing it from not being sent my way.

TDJ: Hey @VW @FTC @VWCares, an offer on a Monday would be a smashing start to the week don't you think? Now 67 days and counting. #TDIOwnersUnite

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Have looked and looked and can not find, so I will ask for help. I once found a list of all court appointed firms that where doing over site on the case. I thought it was in the court doc's but c can't find it. Anyone know where the complete list of firms is?

Many thanks
Bruce

YukonLT

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
Just posting my experience with this here:

My docs were approved early on November 8th, then I never heard anything again. I called last Friday, January 6th to ask what was happening and the agent on the phone said "I'm so sorry, you should have had your offer letter by now". He then went on to say that he would get right on it. I didn't have much confidence in this but this morning I received the offer letter. I signed it and had it notarized and sent back within the hour. We will see how long the next step takes. So, if someone isn't getting anywhere just waiting, try giving them a call.

Not sure if this info has already been posted in this thread, but thought I would add.

amybeth601

TDI
'11 VW Jetta TDI
FYI - Cameron is a woman, I've spoken to her on the phone, and yes she is very helpful.
After sending a tweet today with the handle @LieffCabraser, I sent an email to Cameron. I also sent an email to info@classcounsel.com . I received an email pretty quickly from both sources. I didn't realize that an email send to info@classcounsel.com would generate an email also to someone at Lieff Cabraser...oops! :eek:
I emailed Cameron back with my case number, so we'll see what happens next.

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
Hm. I've been emailing Class Counsel and called Alex 3 times now over the past month. I've been sitting with green checkmarks "determining eligibility" since Nov 8th. Nothing. Nada. No reply. Zip. Zilch.
So nothing from Ankura Consulting. Nothing from VW. Nothing from my rep other than a short "call me" email from Alex Larabee last Dec.
Feel that representation.
Feel it.
This squeaky wheel should maybe squeak louder.

-T.

dropnosky

Veteran Member
TDI
Not sure if this is wise. Right now VW is aware they are dragging their feet on this, and so far there has been no penalty of any kind on them. I do not count my chickens before they hatch. So to pay MORE into a car that you have no idea when, or if you will get payment at all? I could see saving money on the side to pay it off if necessary, but really? Id buy gold, silver, or bitcoin long before I gave VW an extra dollar of mine.
you arent paying "more" into a car, the money is owed either way and its going to be paid no matter what. Either you get all the buyback money if you fully own the car, or you share it with your lender to greater or lesser degree. Either way the loan is going to get paid off.

Lets say my buyback amount is 20k. My strategy is id rather get 20k direct to me to buy a replacement car, other than 10k to me and 10k to pay off my 3rd party lender, leaving me with 10k cash and the prospect of a potential new loan if you see what I mean.

emerscape

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Lux
Started my jsw as I was leaving work tonight. Ran very rough for a minute and then smoothed out. I'm at 101k miles, now outside of my GEICO MBI coverage. This car would have been gone long ago if it weren't for the buyback. If something happens to my car while I'm waiting for VW to get their sh*t together and send me my offer, there will be hell to pay. VW should cover us with a warranty until our buybacks are complete.

Green Hare

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Hm. I've been emailing Class Counsel and called Alex 3 times now over the past month. I've been sitting with green checkmarks "determining eligibility" since Nov 8th. Nothing. Nada. No reply. Zip. Zilch.
So nothing from Ankura Consulting. Nothing from VW. Nothing from my rep other than a short "call me" email from Alex Larabee last Dec.
Feel it.

-T.
I had emailed info@counsel previously and got a callback within a few days, they gave me the story of "more people have been hired, they sent 40,000 offers last week, give it a week and follow up with us if you don't hear back"

Well, obviously I didn't hear back, I sent them a follow up email on 12/23, and that has gone unreplied (as has the follow-follow-up email).

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Feel it.

-T.
And from the opposition party...

I hereby withdraw my request to serve as president of this club.

You can read my sig to see my relevant dates (!). I've put two calls in to Claims just to inquire, no request for escalation -- once on my 2 month anniversary, and another prior to the new year. And no calls or emails or counsel.

I say just sit on it like Horton sitting on Mayzie's egg. It'll hatch when it's good and ready. Meanwhile, enjoy this entertaining sub-forum. It won't be around for long.

edit: BTW, my offer was backdated Jan 3rd (only 6 days).

Last edited:

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
Heh.
Gratz on your offer, PacCoastFwy923.
I put out a tweet today as well. My big concern right now is paying registration and inspection here in my new home state for a car that I may not have for long. Mine expires the end of this month. :(

-T.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Thanks. I hear ya, we bought ours on Valentine's day so I've got a little past mid-month before the state wants their money. My wife felt no urgency to visit the notary today so... well, we'll see.

GearHd6

TDI
Finally after almost 10 weeks we got our green check marks last night. Uploaded documents on 10/31/16, documents approved 1/9/17.

krispy

TDI
Golf GLS, 2002, Indigo Blue
I was getting agitated with the amount of time mine was taking for a 2010 Jetta, that I got back in June 2016. I have an amount financed by a third party bank also. I submitted my initial info on Oct. 28, then had the blue eyeballs until Nov. 15 th. At that time, it still said the offer should follow within 10 business days, which of course didn't happen. I waited patiently without calling or emailing, but I was going to try to contact them if nothing happened by last Friday, 1/6. About 11:30 that morning, I saw the final offer come through, so printed it and ran off to get it notorized. I scanned it into one PDF doc., and sent it back. A couple hours later, I got a reply that the docs were incomplete, and to choose an option for the fix or the buyback. Well, somehow in my haste to get this completed, I uploaded a blank document in error. I was so mad at myself, and thought it would now go back into limbo for at least another week. I resent the correct docs at 8:30 pm Friday night, and got the schedule an appointment message 11:30 pm Sunday. I checked all the dealer's in a 150 mile radius , and the quickest I could turn in was Feb.6. to a dealer in Brooklyn, about an hour and a half from home, but with a subway stop near by, it will make it easy to take that and the train back home. I have been using the car up to a few weeks ago when I parked it, as I am up to 130000 miles, well over the timing belt change and DSG service, which I wasn't ablet going to pay for unless I was going to keep the car. I found a 2012 Passat TDI in the mean time, so that is what I'll drive for another two years before that gets bought back by VW, and now hoping for an uneventful drive from my home in CT to Brooklyn in a few weeks to get a nice payout for the Jetta. From the figures for the buyback, it looks like I am getting about 72℅ of the restitution amount, which is better than the 50℅ initial amount for the purchase timeframe. I wish luck to all of you waiting so long to get approvals and final offers. Hang in there, it will happen.