Timeline after offer is notarized?

mum22cuties

TDI
2012 Jetta
I cannot find what the timeline is after an offer has been returned and notarized. I sent mine back on 11/17 but have not heard anything. Does VW not have a set time to review this part?

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
Phase II Emissions modified 2015 Golf TDI S SportWagen
we received our modification offer yesterday by email... the section most pertinent to us in the absence of any current info about a fix for our Gen 3 TDI was:

If the emissions modification is not approved by May 1, 2018 and you still own your vehicle, then you will have an opportunity to change your selection to a buyback or you may withdraw from the class action settlement completely. If you sell your vehicle before an approved emissions modification becomes available, you are bound by the Class Action Settlement but are not eligible for settlement benefits.

we'll continue driving and enjoying our factory-tuned TDI until we hear about a fix

willie
on the diesel-sippin' Gulf of Mexico

Mike.

TDI
2011 Golf - Returned to VW
Likewise, turned in the 17th.

I downloaded the spreadsheet and manipulated the data, It seems like nobody who uploaded their notarized offer letter is hearing anything since the 17th. Prior to this date it was a very fast turn around.

Perhaps the staff of one who handles this is out sick ?

Personally I have replaced my TDI already and had my credit union delayed my first payment for 90 days. By this time I am sure VW will finish this up and my car will be returned. I will then apply my buyback money towards the principal on the loan, pretty much paying it off since my replacement was close to the same price as my offer letter (used car).

Mike

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
From my review of the spreadsheet, it looks like it has been varying from 1-5 days. I uploaded my notarized docs 11/17 and I am still waiting approval. The frustrating thing for me, I originally uploaded my docs 11/15, within 4 hrs I got an email indicating there was an issue with them. It took 2 days of calling the claims line, talking to 5 different people, to find out where the mistake was. It was a simple fix and I uploaded docs while I was on phone with claims person. They were able to see the docs were now correct and just needed to be reviewed, now back to the waiting game. From the spreadsheet it does look like any docs uploaded on/after 11/17 have not been approved yet. :mad:

ToffeeTDI

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI S 6MT
we received our modification offer yesterday by email... the section most pertinent to us in the absence of any current info about a fix for our Gen 3 TDI was:

If the emissions modification is not approved by May 1, 2018 and you still own your vehicle, then you will have an opportunity to change your selection to a buyback or you may withdraw from the class action settlement completely. If you sell your vehicle before an approved emissions modification becomes available, you are bound by the Class Action Settlement but are not eligible for settlement benefits.

we'll continue driving and enjoying our factory-tuned TDI until we hear about a fix

willie
on the diesel-sippin' Gulf of Mexico

So would it appear that if we selected the "fix" option, we're locked out until 5/1/18 at the earliest to change our minds back? I headed toward the notary this morning, but hesitated and sitting back at my desk.

Officially selected "buyback" but the form says we can change our minds at any time before the buyback is complete (was going to flip it to Fix before submitting)...having a hard time giving up on the EA288, nothing else wrong with the car.

usarmy132

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
VW resources diverted perhaps to work on getting the offers out?
It is possible with all the complaints received by vw costumers and lawyers. If before this point there are time limits, it doesn't appear to be any time limits set for this step "after offer accepted":mad: don't forget they have to appear before judge again very soon, so sending offers out to people may be the direction VW took for now.

Last edited:

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
sent in on 11/17 so far nothing but I had to fax mine after my scan did not go thru, the portal says waiting on your fax , but I called and they confirmed they got it.

26point2

TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI SLine P+
I got my buy back appointment 5 days after I uploaded my notarized docs.

mum22cuties

TDI
2012 Jetta
Yes after looking at the spreadsheet it looks like anyone that submitted after 11/17 has been stuck. Hopefully we will get start to get approvals soon so we can book our appointments. I cannot tell if it is due to regions or not. I filtered by my state and nobody in my state has made it far along to even make an appointment for the buy back.

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
I faxed mine back 6 days ago.. nothing yet. They're saying up to 2 weeks if you fax it back. I'm in no rush.. not planning on selling it back until mid January anyway.

nucklehead

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI W/DSG
I received the acceptance the following day and scheduled my appointment then.
Same here, turn in date 12-7
Likewise, turned in the 17th.

Mike
From my review of the spreadsheet, it looks like it has been varying from 1-5 days. I uploaded my notarized docs 11/17 and I am still waiting approval.

From the spreadsheet it does look like any docs uploaded on/after 11/17 have not been approved yet. :mad:
sent in on 11/17 so far nothing but I had to fax mine after my scan did not go thru, the portal says waiting on your fax , but I called and they confirmed they got it.
I got my buy back appointment 5 days after I uploaded my notarized docs.
Yes after looking at the spreadsheet it looks like anyone that submitted after 11/17 has been stuck.
Yeah - I'm feeling 'stuck' too and it may be their fax machine. Fax documents to them and they magically get lost for a few weeks?.

I got my offer on Nov. 11th - got the paperwork all printed out - notarized & signed - scanned it into a PDF (not easy in Linux!) and tried to upload it via the VW portal. Tried 4-5 times and got an ERROR code 403 each time. So I selected 'FAX' as the upload option - did that on Sunday the 13th. I keep getting the "Waiting for fax" message. GRRR!!! I suppose the 24th & 25th will be non-working days? Monday the 28th would be 10 working days if not for the upcoming holiday with long weekend. I just want to get this over and done with. One less thing to worry about.

I'm guessing that they received the fax just fine but are waiting to give me the final green light to schedule a buyback time. I chose the dealer I bought the car from for the buyback place. Since they are about 75 miles from the nearest VW dealer it may be that I have to wait until they can assign someone for that area. Maybe I should change to another dealer - the difference for me would be about 50 miles round trip. No big deal.

I think that spreadsheet might have a missing entry - one for location. I suspect that the more densely populated (with TDI's) areas are being set up first. Just a WAG but it sound reasonable.

butterme

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
My notarization was rejected twice (I live in California and needed a special form, not provided by VW). I ended up getting approved the same day I submitted my third set of notarized papers.

Edited to add: I scanned and uploaded my papers with my cell phone using an app called GeniusScan+.

sag362

TDI
Jetta
Uploaded mine last Friday, November 18 at 1:43pm Eastern. Received the email below at 1:45pm:

Thank you for submitting your offer letter. Next, we will review your signed offer letter and release to ensure that you have provided all the necessary information to complete your acceptance of our offer. We will contact you regarding next steps after we have finished reviewing your offer letter and release.

To VW: I can understand having to review, verify, and check the initial docs we had to upload, but seriously VW, how long do you need to verify a document that you prepared has been notarized correctly?

mum22cuties

TDI
2012 Jetta
How do you get a body on the phone?

Ha, how do you get a helpful body on the phone is my question. I am not going to call them as I did that twice last week and only got really frustrated. My document was scanned in so I don't see what the hold up is to approve the document.

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
uploaded mine on 11/18, have not heard anything since then

j1mbo

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Reflex Silver JSW TDI - 17" Anthracite Goals and 2014 Reflex Silver Golf TDI
uploaded mine on 11/18, have not heard anything since then
For my JSW it took 4 business days to move on to the scheduling stage. I see poople in this thread saying it has taken less time (next day) and longer. I am planning for it to take at least 10 business days and if it is sooner I will be pleasantly surprised.

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
For my JSW it took 4 business days to move on to the scheduling stage. I see poople in this thread saying it has taken less time (next day) and longer. I am planning for it to take at least 10 business days and if it is sooner I will be pleasantly surprised.
well considering tomorrow is Thanksgiving and most likely they won't work on Friday, it is either today or next week

BudMan5

TDI
2009 Jetta
I uploaded mine on the 16th and have heard noithing since other than the email "we have received them".

But, I have a particular problem in that the offer letter was addressed to me and my son, not my wife who is the second owner. My son was listed on the clear titles as "TOD" or transfer on death. I sent a cover letter in with my uploaded documents to explain their mistake. And, of course, the only thing I get when I call in is, "someone will call you back within three business days". Of the now three times that i have been told that, going back two whole weeks, no one has ever called me back.

VW has managed to destroy a fifty year relationship with me.

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI
I just checked the spreadsheet, and it does not look like anyone has been able to pick a buyback date since 11/16 (the step after notary return). Strange how this is being handled.

Mike.

TDI
My guess is they are in firefighting mode and decided to work in other areas of the queue and drop scheduling drop off dates. It does not make a lot of sense, seems like they would want to get people out the system completely instead of making them wait for the final step.

For me I have a 2011 Golf TDI with a bad intake manifold. It is not getting fixed and the next time I drive it will be for it's final trip to the dealer. I have already replaced the car and I do not appreciate paying insurance on two cars because of slow processing.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
My guess is they are in firefighting mode and decided to work in other areas of the queue and drop scheduling drop off dates. It does not make a lot of sense, seems like they would want to get people out the system completely instead of making them wait for the final step.
That's my guess. I would guess that at least the first two weeks are booked.

There was talk about opening up additional days at dealers for buybacks. It is possible that they put a pause on things until that had those details ironed out. Think positive :).

j1mbo

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Reflex Silver JSW TDI - 17" Anthracite Goals and 2014 Reflex Silver Golf TDI
well considering tomorrow is Thanksgiving and most likely they won't work on Friday, it is either today or next week

Nothing today so the waiting game begins again.........

mum22cuties

TDI
2012 Jetta
I don't understand why they were being approved up until the 16th and now nothing. I am worried about VW filing bankruptcy and us not getting anything.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I don't think you need to worry about a company that has $40B of cash on hand going bankrupt over this.

Mike.

TDI
I really do not think VW would of contracted 3rd party employees and put the infrastructure in place for a buyback if the intention was to file bankruptcy. I am waiting like everyone else but I think more likely they were under prepared and now overwhelmed and most likely like a lot of companies were 1/2 staffed this week due to the long weekend.

Come Monday I think we will see more progress happening I hope.

Mike.

TDI
I do not work for Volkswagen but I am employed by a multi billion dollar company. You would think a company like Volkswagen would be well prepared for anything?

Sadly I find the bigger the company, the slower it reacts. The Federal Govt. is proof of that. Think about FEMA and how quick they were to react to Katrina.

(Mike now steps off the soapbox and waits the next person in line)