Votes: 128 46.0%
  • Docs were rejected, had to resubmit.

Votes: 34 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fordracing19

TDI
2014 Passat SE, 2015 MB E-250
Mine were rejected today. My registration expired in September, so now I have to get it inspected so I can register it. $100 bucks down the drain. I bought a replacement 2015 E-250 MB in July.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Mine were rejected today. My registration expired in September, so now I have to get it inspected so I can register it. $100 bucks down the drain. I bought a replacement 2015 E-250 MB in July.
I'd push back. Someone in here talked to one of the main lawyers and they said the registration does not have to be current. It just had to show it was registered during a certain period (I forget which but probably Sept 15??).

Hopefully someone in here remembers which thread it was in and can point to it.

Fordracing19

TDI
2014 Passat SE, 2015 MB E-250
I'd push back. Someone in here talked to one of the main lawyers and they said the registration does not have to be current. It just had to show it was registered during a certain period (I forget which but probably Sept 15??).

Hopefully someone in here remembers which thread it was in and can point to it.
Vw just called back and had me reupload. She said everything would be ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Salsaman06

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (sold back to VWoA Dec 21, 2016)
I submitted my docs on Oct 3. Just got the email today that 2 of the 3 docs were accepted but my ID (driver's license) was rejected because it was "illegible". That just ridiculous because it is perfectly legible. The only thing that isn't is my picture. :mad:

Rescanned the DL in COLOR this time and used 600dpi instead of 300 dpi. Will see where this goes. They gave me a number to call if I had questions about the rejection. I just dialed it because I want to verify in person the DL is acceptable this time. However, the automated voice system at that number said the wait time is over 2 hours (!!!). :eek: F***. Well I am putting it on speaker phone while I do stuff around the house this evening. Will see where it goes.

Also, the recorded message says they are "...open from 7AM to 11PM Eastern time on Sat and Sun when call volumes are lower."

Last edited:

DUBPL8

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 CW Golf TDi, '92 Honda Civic VX (wrecked), '96 Honda Civic CX hatchback (non-TDI)
Anyone used a passport photo as a valid Government ID instead of a DL? I ended up using my passport photo as I remembered I had one scanned and was more convenient.

VonShannon

TDI
2013 Golf TDI, 2010 Golf TDI (SOLD)
Uploaded via scanner to pdf: 9/20/2016
Confirmation received: 10/18/2016
Single owner, no lien - title in hand, New Jersey, Last name M

NikkiK

TDI
2011 Jetta Sedan
Still Waiting

I submitted all of mine as photos and they have been "received and under review"

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Anyone used a passport photo as a valid Government ID instead of a DL? I ended up using my passport photo as I remembered I had one scanned and was more convenient.

I did and it said it was accepted (though my Registratiion and Title are marked as not accepted due to the Co-Registrant issues others have also had).

Redgrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 jsw
Just checked yesterday and they rejected my title, said it was expired. Called and asked if titles expired and they said they messed up and to read submit. Hopefully it works this time

Salsaman06

Veteran Member
TDI
I submitted my docs on Oct 3. Just got the email today that 2 of the 3 docs were accepted but my ID (driver's license) was rejected because it was "illegible". That just ridiculous because it is perfectly legible. The only thing that isn't is my picture. :mad:

Rescanned the DL in COLOR this time and used 600dpi instead of 300 dpi. Will see where this goes. They gave me a number to call if I had questions about the rejection. I just dialed it because I want to verify in person the DL is acceptable this time. However, the automated voice system at that number said the wait time is over 2 hours (!!!). :eek: F***. Well I am putting it on speaker phone while I do stuff around the house this evening. Will see where it goes.

Also, the recorded message says they are "...open from 7AM to 11PM Eastern time on Sat and Sun when call volumes are lower."
Following up my own post. I left the phone on speaker phone and it ended up being a 3 hour and 15 min wait time before someone answered. She was very pleasant. She confirmed my new upload of my DL was much better. It was the picture that was tripping up the first one. She said beginning tomorrow when the settlement is finalized, the reviewers have up to 10 days to validate the documents and then after that, the docs have to go to a third party for an audit process which can take up to an additional 10 days. Only after that can a date be scheduled for a buyback. So for all of you who have already submitted your documents, it should not be any later than 20 days past the settlement date before hearing when your buyback is scheduled.

She also stated that they started early reviewing documents (as we all know) but they didn't begin reviewing documents until Oct 13.

Even though I submitted my docs on Oct 3 and I just received notice today (24th) they were reviewed and approved (except the DL), VWoA still had 10 days past the settlement date to advise me they were reviewed.

Of course for those that submit paperwork after the settlement date, VWoA has 10 days to respond from the date you submitted. And the auditors have their 10 days after that.

(this 10 day limit is stated in the court settlement docs)

Last edited:

TDILeo

Veteran Member
TDI
CW 2011 Golf TDI 6M Repurchased By VW 1/30/17 1985 VW GTI
I guess I am a bit confused. I still have to submit registration, title and ODL but I already have a claim number. I have taken pics of these and will upload tomorrow. I feel stupid.

oregon_rider

TDI
NONE! :-)
Deleted my rant...

Will be glad to make it through this and "move on"...

Last edited:

TDILeo

Veteran Member
TDI
Hell, I can't even access the online claim portal now. I think I may simply fax the documents tomorrow.

n1acguy

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat TDI DSG SE/Sunroof
Just received the notice today.
I submitted the documents on Oct 15th.

Salsaman06

Veteran Member
TDI
Just submitted mine a minute ago, we'll see how long before my documents are accepted.
Submitted mine about a month ago. Just got an E-Mail from them and had to resubmit my DL.. They said it was not readable or something along those lines, so I made an enlarged copy and rescanned them and sent them via PDF. The other 2 doc's were approved. I'm really hoping this doesn't put me back at the end of the line.
I had to submit an additional form they requested, so I imagine I got put back to the end of the list.
They must respond within 10 days of submitting the documents. Since you all submitted before the settlement date, the clock doesn't start until the the day the case is settled. If you have to resubmit a document for some reason, that RESETS the clock and they have another 10 days within which they must respond. But there is also an additional 10 days for the audit process once all the documents are accepted. See my post above (#40)

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
They must respond within 10 days of submitting the documents. Since you all submitted before the settlement date, the clock doesn't start until the the day the case is settled. <snip>
If the settlement is approved today, it's going to be very interesting— to me, strictly as a popcorn-munching spectator event, since we don't plan to turn our Passat in for the buyback until late 2018. Judging by the numbers of people just on this forum who've been uploading their documents, there's going to be a huge load in the next few months on VW's ability to meet the specified timelines for the buyback.

derekmw

TDI
2010 Audi A3 TDI Premium, 2015 Tesla Model S 70
Uploaded 10/11
Acceptance on site 10/25
(no acceptance email yet)
2 owners, bank lien
California

Tony45

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI 2-door 6MT (BB - 4/18)
Yes, all accepted

Uploaded four iPad pictures as Image files on 9/28 and all accepted on 10/20.

Last edited:

Mike91326

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Everything was accepted except my and my wife's DL.
Notified on 10/18 that my and my wife's DL were not accepted because they were hard to read. I uploaded better copies on the 18th and received an e-mail today (10/25) that all documents were accepted.

TDILeo

Veteran Member
TDI
Faxed my docs this morning from work at 0843 PDT...confirmation it was received on the other end...we'll see how long it takes from today 10/25.

tarasin921

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Uploaded on 10/12, still waiting. This was my second attempt at filing a claim. My first claim, which was entered on Aug. 20 would never allow me to get past step 14. After spending hours on hold and speaking with several different people at the claims hotline, someone finally suggested that I register again with a different email address. It worked, but I'm afraid it set me back weeks if not months. I saw someone's comment about why is everyone in such a hurry... I can't speak for others, but my Passat needs new tires & inspection is due on 12/1. If I can't turn in the car before then, I'll end up having to spend $600 for tires. Additionally, I drive about 3,000 miles a month. I'm sure the additional miles will affect the buyback amount. So, yes, I am in a hurry.

LogicBomb

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat
Just uploaded mine, so I guess I'll have "10 days" until they're supposed to approve or reject it.

I think I selected "fix" originally when I filled everything out, and now I'd like to opt for the buy back so I'm currently in que for a claims operator. I have approx. 2 hour wait time lol

DUBPL8

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 CW Golf TDi, '92 Honda Civic VX (wrecked), '96 Honda Civic CX hatchback (non-TDI)
Holy **** that was super quick!

We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number xxxxxxxxx. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program.
Submitted mine yesterday and didn't expect a response so soon.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
For those who have a problem with a co-regsitrant, has anyone had them "reset your account" and what does that do? Just mean you start at step 13 again or do you have to go and get a new tentative date etc? Ie, start at the very beginning?