04 Jetta wagon GL parts to 04 Golf GLS

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Back into this hobby/lifestyle. Couple years ago my 04 Golf GLS burned up. Literally it started the engine on fire on cold day attempting to start it. I managed to put it out but everything from the base of the battery and above that was rubber and plastic including wiring harness was not too good afterwards. I bought a minivan for my growing family which is not 4 kids. So - I bought my Golf back from insurance with what I had do to it and now found a cheap enough 04 Jetta wagon GL. Will the wiring harness in the engine bay transfer over to the Golf from the Jetta when the jetta rusts away -300K miles on a WI car with a LOT of underbody rust and missing metal.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
TDI to TDI, same year, everything is the same from the drivers seat forward.

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Good to hear. I didn't know because of the head lamps running differently if that would affect it at all. Or if the GLvs GLS would affect anything as I know the Golf has the cold weather package with heated seats and windshield washer nozzles. Thank you. Looking to run the Jetta for a bit and then transfer.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
EDIT- Jetta fenders, hood, headlights, bumper, grill are different but will fit, making a unique, if you like that look.