2003 ALH 5-speed Jetta Wagon, Sacramento, $5800

shenzistdi

SOLD!
240,000 miles and counting, since this is my weekly driver. The car gets consistently about 45 mpg combined. Of course, with a 14 year old car, there are a few issues:
Occasionally, if pushed hard uphill, the car will overboost and activate the MIL. It resets itself after awhile. The reason for this is the turbo actuator is sticky. This is a very common problem that is cured by removing the turbo and cleaning the built up soot. I have all the gaskets to do this, but haven’t had the time. Again, it’s an occasional issue that hasn’t happened in the last 3-4 months.
It feels like the effort to put the car into first gear is increasing. I suspect this is due to the clutch starting to show its age. As far as I know, the clutch is original, so not surprising. There is no slipping or chatter, and the car otherwise shifts fine.
The sunroof doesn’t fully open. It tilts fine.
The seat heaters don’t work.
That’s about it. To my knowledge, the car’s never been in an accident, has no rust, and is the best commuter I’ve ever had.
Local pickup only please. I commute once a week from the foothills to the East Bay Area, so I can show the car anywhere along the I80 corridor if we set up an appointment.
I cannot post pictures, so here's a link to the craigslist ad: https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6197209197.html

Last edited:

AF.tdi

TDI
2003 Jetta tdi wagon
For more pictures.
Things that are wrong with the car that I know about.
1) Drivers front heated seat only works on high. Needs a heat seat switch.
2)Right side view mirror cover is cracked. Going to take a picture of it later today for you guys.
3)Windshield has a crack in the lower left corner. I’ll take a picture of it later today.
4) The lock on the armrest is broken.
If I can think of anything else I will post it.