Turn-In Condition Thread!

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Seized brake piston, inspection fail (needs 4 brake rotors), cracked DPF (cracked while waiting for buyback), radio and antenna problems, 550+ cooling system codes

in previous month (again, while waiting . . . ), ripped seat, four brand new steelies (from my replacement car) and barn tires, original battery,

no jack or spare. On the positive side, it had a fifth barn tire in the well, two sets of mats (one never used originals) and the much coveted cargo cover.

I also had to give up my trailer hitch and Panzer plate without compensation (hence the retention of the spare and jack). Best car I ever owned. Planned to keep it but everything started going south and VW offered me a new (lesser, by still nice) car with a new car warranty pretty much even steven.

The eight alloys and tires from the old car, and the superior jack from the old car, went to the new one, along with the full sized spare, thus closing the deal on the replacement. I had the new car with me too, in case the rep gave me grief about the missing wheels.

This whole thing was their doing, not mine. I'd be happy as a clam to still have my meticulously maintained (at least up until the situation) TDI with 83,000 miles. They also thres in a lifetime aftermarket warranty on the "engine," which according to the contract, includes the turbo. <snip>
Made out like a bandit.

Good ol' vw

Came through like a champ for you

Your case, makes one wonder all the fuss about strippers:eek::D:mad::confused::rolleyes:

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
2010 jsw with 53kish miles.

1 6" scratch on trunk door. One CEL for a $60 part i never bothered with, i forget what it was, some air pressure sensor i think.

Original 7 year old tires still on vehicle, nearly bald.

Everything else was fine.

brocski

TDI
2010 JSW
Turned in my '15 Golf SEL with 25500 miles on it yesterday. Old 15" wheels with junk snow tires, no Fender subwoofer in the back. Walked out with a check in hand matching the accepted offer within 10 minutes. Anyone who says the entire buyback process is anything but easy clearly couldn't fill out their name on a Scantron test in elementary school.

cmarcho

TDI
2015 Corvette Z51 7spd / 2016 ATS-V (was '13 passat sel)
Turned in my '15 Golf SEL with 25500 miles on it yesterday. Old 15" wheels with junk snow tires, no Fender subwoofer in the back. Walked out with a check in hand matching the accepted offer within 10 minutes. Anyone who says the entire buyback process is anything but easy clearly couldn't fill out their name on a Scantron test in elementary school.

I had no idea the subwoofer was worth taking out, I would have pulled mine! I am still mad I forgot to yank the monster mats. oh well.