Injectors for alh

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Yep....... but, they will do much better if being pushed by an IP from an automatic. The holes in the injectors from an automatic are smaller than the holes in injectors from a manual transmission....

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Caveat: Assumes we're talking about STOCK stuff here. More common is for injectors on manual trans cars to be non-stock (larger), but there ARE folks who do install larger nozzles on their cars with automatics.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
Nozzles and actual injector settings.

Bosch uses a higher flow curve for the automatic nozzles. This forces the nozzle to deliver more fuel than it would normally to produce the correct delivery volume, this also promotes a slower more uniform blending of fuel and air which lowers NOx...which is why they used this combination in the first place.

Danarm

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta TDI, 2X 01 Jetta TDI, 01 Golf TDI,06 Jetta TDI.
Injectors

Talk to Drivbiwire about injectors, he is the expert. I have had 11 sets done by him and every set has been perfect, and all of my customers have been VERY happy.
My 2 cents.
Dan

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
So if i send them out to get new manual nozzles they should work in my 5speed?
I would tell you DLC 520 using a standard flow setting (Stage 1) this will get you the best fuel economy, lowest smoke and is 100% plug and play. Do keep in mind that the IQ and timing will need a mild tweak, but I have those instructions on our website to walk you thru the process.