Post your fuel fill-up data at Fuelly.com

KALaBenne

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 B5.5V GLS
I first joined greenhybrid.com but I didn't really like it. The info they tracked seemed to be lacking and I felt like it was all about the hype-brids anyway. So, I joined fuelly and I really like the stats it tracks and the graphs and whatnot.

Look around on there, i saw quite a few TDI on there and even a dedicated section for Jetta TDIs apart from gas-sucking jettas.

I'm also starting to see more fuelly badges in sigs around here, especially in the '09 TDI owners.

Bump for a cool site! (not as cool as Fred's but hey, there's only one Fred's)

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
I've been on gasbuddy.com since Sept.

And now I'm on fuelly, I'm a sucker for the badge.

Last edited:

Iniguez

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver 2003 Golf; manual
Just made a Fuelly account!

That is a nifty little site. I felt pretty cool looking at that little graph (with 3 whole data points on there - it will be even cooler when I have more data there). I think I'm gonna hook myself up with one of those little Fuelly badges. Anyone who reads this may see it in my signature...

boutmuet

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 BMW 328d
Just registered myself actually, thanks for the link this is a cool website. Perhaps I can use that cool icon in my signature that shows my MPG.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Nice site. I'm now registered there as CyclistDude. I input all 9 of my fuel-ups.

KALaBenne

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 B5.5V GLS
boutmuet said:
Just registered myself actually, thanks for the link this is a cool website. Perhaps I can use that cool icon in my signature that shows my MPG.
on the left side of your fuelly page it has a link to get a badge, paste either the long or short link into your signature on your TDIclub.com control panel and you'll have it.

Sure have noticed a a bunch more fuelly badges showing up around here.

Variant TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf Variant, Reflex Silver
I've got records since day 1 as well... but I'm not importing them all.

I think most of us keep them in Excel, if we started doing that from the beginning.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
from suggestions from this forum i have been tracking mpg and fuel purchases from 3 sites.
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.do

http://www.northcarolinagasprices.com/tripcalculator.aspx

http://www.fuelly.com/dashboard/

by far fuelly has become my site of choice. lots of great and useful information. i really enjoy how easy it is to use. tracking others and the community feeling is fun. i think i will dumping the .gov site and use fuelly for tracking my purchase and gas buddy (ncgasprices) for tracking daily fuel prices and reporting local prices for others.

edit: just went to the site and the amount of 09 tdi's has more than doubled in the last month. that is great. still 4 or 5 tdi's that are mistakingly in the jetta gasser group instead of the tdi group

Last edited:

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Variant TDI said:
I've got records since day 1 as well... but I'm not importing them all.

I think most of us keep them in Excel, if we started doing that from the beginning.
The import function makes it easy if it's already in Excel.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
aja8888 said:
Yikes! I thought I kept records. The paper one's I have that are that old have faded....:p
I have all the maintenance paperwork and spreadsheet entries too:eek: It all goes into a binder.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Bob_Fout said:
I have all the maintenance paperwork and spreadsheet entries too:eek: It all goes into a binder.
The guys I went to high school with were typically sons of families that the Sopranos series was based on. They were told to burn any paper records of what they did...:p. Some of that rubbed off on me I guess:D.

All kidding aside, when you sell the Jetta (or your heirs have to dispose of it someday), at least the new owner will have all the history.

KALaBenne

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 B5.5V GLS
coolbreeze said:
still 4 or 5 tdi's that are mistakingly in the jetta gasser group instead of the tdi group
Hey at least you get a seperate classification! All us Passats, Beatles, and Golfs have to be lumped in with our gas-sucking brethren. :D

and it's 32 Diesels in with the regular jetta's by my count, you have to look past just the 2009s :rolleyes:

that makes it
76 diesel jettas
111 gas jettas
that's a mighty good showing!

Last edited:

Variant TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf Variant, Reflex Silver
Bob_Fout said:
The import function makes it easy if it's already in Excel.
Coming clean... I'm embarrassed by my pre 2008 "Drive it like you stole it" numbers. (42mpg average, driving at 80-85mph) I'll keep them to myself, because they clearly don't represent what the car is capable of.
Originally Posted by coolbreeze
still 4 or 5 tdi's that are mistakingly in the jetta gasser group instead of the tdi group
I realized that when I updated my profile, I got thrown into the gasser group. I re-edited, and made sure my L4 Diesel was indeed considered a diesel.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke

Art Vandelay

TDI
2009 JSW
Does Fuelly allow sending in data via SMS text message? I log MPG from my own web site (not going to mention here, lest I be called a spammer) because I can do it with SMS at the pump. I do not have a data plan on my phone.

KALaBenne

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 B5.5V GLS
Art Vandelay said:
Does Fuelly allow sending in data via SMS text message? I log MPG from my own web site (not going to mention here, lest I be called a spammer) because I can do it with SMS at the pump. I do not have a data plan on my phone.
I'm not sure as I don't have SMS or Data on my phone, I just put it in when I get home. I do know it supports some sort of 'enter data from the road' feature, but I'm not sure on specifcs. The nice thing is that it doesn't tag your data with the date you enter it but the date you choose so you can add a fillup from 5 years ago if you want.

Last edited:

Brock_from_WI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon
Ok I after three attempts I figured out how to import my excel data.

The thing that confuses me is I have a couple tanks over 1000 miles and they were imported that way but in my basic page it say my best tank was 982. Does it not look back more than a year? Although it must because it has best fuel price in 2003, hummmm. Or I wonder if this is like fueleconomy.gov where it throws a flag for anything over 1000 miles per tank...

Oh also total miles tracked doesn't match up, it shows every entry up to my last at 81,421?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Just registered. I'll be posting fuel economy info the next time I fill up... haven't been keeping track of things so far, but I've been getting an average of 39 MPG. :cool:

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
Brock_from_WI said:
I just got a message back from Fuelly.com and they said they kick out anything over 1000 miles per tank assuming that isn't possible :)
Welcome to the era of ignorance.

KALaBenne

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 B5.5V GLS
Brock_from_WI said:
I just got a message back from Fuelly.com and they said they kick out anything over 1000 miles per tank assuming that isn't possible :)
Did you politely tell them it in fact is possible with your diesel. They may change it for you. They loaded in the EPA estimates for my car. It didn't have an option for the Diesel engine and they added it for me when I asked. It's worth a try.

Brock_from_WI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon
He did ask me what was the most fuel I put in, I said 16.37 gallons, I pointed out in my imported files you can see a couple 1000+ tanks. Hopefully he will bump it a bit, 1200 ;)

Honestly I don't care about the 1000+ tanks, more than that it drops them from miles tracked, other than that it's pretty slick online tracking

KALaBenne

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 B5.5V GLS
This here's a shameless bump and a call to any of you jetta drivers out there. If you get 1 more to join in the Jetta TDI class, you'll have shoved the mazda 3 out of the top 10 cars reporting.

boutmuet

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 BMW 328d
I added my TDI even though it hasn't arrived yet, hopefully we can shove the mazda 3 out of the top 10 haha