VA people----- anyone?

buelldude

TDI
2011 TDI GOLF
Hey,
I was just looking to see if any VA people were on here? I'm in VA Beach.

Reactions: Ton

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
I live in Newport News; but work in DC during the week. I autocross my car at Pungo the first Sunday of each month (except for May and September) and the third Sunday of each month at Little Creek if I can catch a morning session.

buelldude

TDI
2011 TDI GOLF
?

Well this is good, looks like most are from up north. So how is the price of fuel up there?
I'm looking at doing my first mod to the car, FSD's. Have any of you done this? The roads down here at the beach are ruff and my car needs some help. I only have 20k on it and it feels like the shocks are gone?????
So one of these trips to see the family up north I'll have to give you guys a yell maybe we could meet and do some lunch on my way back home?
I may have to go to one of the local events to see what its all about, never been to a autocross.

scottab

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI
Know the feeling on the suspension. I put HD Bilstiens all around at 40K miles. I HUGE difference in the ride quality.
I am over in Windsor, VA and hit Mt. Trashmore up on occasion for the Sunday GTG with HRDUBS.

fastmvr

TDI
2006 Jetta/DSG
Gloucester

The 06 TDI is not yet 1 month old! My SECOND VW diesel...... '81 Rabbit was the other......

Justler

Veteran Member
I'm from MD but in NoVa every day. This morning driving through leesburg diesel was about $2.89/gal.

Down here in Tysons it seems to normally be $.15-$.20 more.

Reactions: Ton

QQQ

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
Mr. Fuel at exit 104 off of I95 south seems to be the cheapest (60mi south of NoVA). I usually stop by when I go to South Carolina. Another stop I make is somewhere in Florence, SC. Anyway, up here, I go to a Hess station within the beltway off of Little River Turnpike. They seem to be cheapest and normally the place I go for diesel. I'll be filling up this weekend, so we'll see how much it is.

If you guys ever want to get together, I can host at my house. :) I also got the latest version of vagcom v704 and hex/can cable if you ever need assistance.

quadboss74

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, reflex silver
buelldude said:
Well this is good, looks like most are from up north. So how is the price of fuel up there?
I'm looking at doing my first mod to the car, FSD's. Have any of you done this? The roads down here at the beach are ruff and my car needs some help. I only have 20k on it and it feels like the shocks are gone?????
So one of these trips to see the family up north I'll have to give you guys a yell maybe we could meet and do some lunch on my way back home?
I may have to go to one of the local events to see what its all about, never been to a autocross.
Hey what's up-I am in Chesapeake! I am getting ready to put FSDs on my car too! SAME feeling about the suspension. Wondering if you got the suspension done already and if so whether you installed it yourself or took it somewhere? My FSDs are sitting in the garage looking pretty-just need to figure out where to go to get them installed!!

quadboss74

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, reflex silver
Dean_Ousterhout said:
Newport News. Getting ready to do the FSD's. PP520's last weekend.
Hi, I am in Chesapeake. Just wondering how the nozzle install went? Thinking about doing mine soon...

QQQ

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
I filled up today at $2.819/gallon. High but certainly better than some other places that I saw at around $2.999/gallon. Oh well.

DeanOusterhout

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, sold the 2000 golf and jetta
Andrea - nozzles wer pretty easy... the toughest part was cleaning the input holes. I accidently dropped a Q-tip down the last hole... OTher than that is was just like the directions on this site say.

You will need a Vag-Com... Do you have one?

Well, my rear FSD's are on... very easy... The fronts have me a little leary as there are a lot of people saying that is takes "hours" to get the old ones out... sigh...

My clutch gets done on Thursday...

Dean

Justler

Veteran Member
Don't be too leary about the fronts... they are not that difficult.

The side you will have problems with is the passenger side, as the axle will hit the subframe. I dropped the subframe a little bit and screwed w/ the spindle to get it out... it eventually came out.

Make sure you either have an impact wrench or the proper tool to get the top strut nut off.

As always when working with springs... be careful =)

buelldude

TDI
2011 TDI GOLF
fsd on order!!!!

Well I put mine on order last night and hope to put them on this weekend???? I need to get a few tools from a buddy at work but it looks easy?????? I guess I will find out. If you local guys that are doing the same (fsd's) want to stop by maybe we could do it faster and get more than one done. It may help all of us at the same time, I really don't think it will be that hard. I have the space to do it inside so the great weather we are having shouldn't be a problem!

roncace

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Spice Red
My home is in Ashburn VA (north of Dulles Airport) but drive to Crystal City every day. Recently paid $2.899/gal for 45 Cetane at the Shell station off of Farmwell Rd. in Ashburn.

buelldude

TDI
2011 TDI GOLF
?

Well the parts came in, that was fast. I have to say tirerack did good!!!!!:D

I may just start tonight on the FSD's????? I also have some new 17's on GTI wheels that will be going on also.