Damn, thinking about .216s now...

sportsguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle DSG TDI
Thought popped into my head this morning that it might be a nice bump to upgrade from the .205 nozzles to .216s. brian has them, they're reasonably priced, so what the heck - tempt fate and my clutch while I'm at it...

So, would I even notice a difference in power jumping to the .216s from the .205s?

skenny

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I think we'd probably see a slight increase in power, nothing major.. and I think you'd be able to run the .216s without needing a new clutch too.

sportsguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle DSG TDI
I posted the same thought over in the performance section.

One guy said I might not even be using my current .205s to their full potential without ECU tuning - and he might be onto something there...

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
sportsguy said:
One guy said I might not even be using my current .205s to their full potential without ECU tuning - and he might be onto something there...
Find out what he was referring to...

(BTW, I was playing with your wiper tranny today. I have good news and bad news. Good news, I freed up one side beautifuly...works like new. Bad news, The other side is still solid...and broken in half. Damn white metal.)

:cool:

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
Jeff you have to be gentle with the Trannies. Regarding the tuning, you need to lower the IQ, and/or install an evry mod otherwise you aren't using them to the full potential at all (that would be changed with a chip of course). As it stands there is a bit more fuel flowing, going in in a shorter duration with the larger holes.

If you mess with the IQ, you'll likely smoke more than you would like, till you crank up the boost via map bleed, tuing, 3bar map (not on vnt-15).

Last edited:

sportsguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle DSG TDI
BAH! You're all a bunch of hacks!

Jeff - I'm not sweating the tranny...LOL Brian sells them for $73.50, so it's a consumable in my book. ;)

Jon - meh, I'll just tell someone what i want when I ship the ecu and go from there. ;)

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
Hey I got my 216's in baby! Less smoke than before, slight bump in power (only driven them about 20km though). The 12mm pump really likes the larger holes since it can inject the fuel in a shorter duration whahahahaa.

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
lol. I was thinking about that in the spring too! http://www.mrmoped.ca/ seems to have the best prices going and Tomos mopeds aren't too bad either. A bit less dough than a Vespa! However for some reason the products part of the page isn't working now that they've updated. Since the laws have all changed lately you also need a motorcycle liscence here so I've mostly forgotten about it since it won't let me take the kids with me anyway...wait...:D

Last edited:

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
Oh by "you" I meant me needing the license, not a bad thing to have either but for a 50CC moped I'm having a hard time going to the bother.

sportsguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle DSG TDI
I understood your meaning. ;) ...and I can fully understand why it isn't worth the bother. ;)

But, Honda makes a 250CC unit called the Big Ruckus - tough-looking, good specs and might make it worth getting that "A" next to the "5" on your current lisence. ;)

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
I like some of the larger scooters that are nice indeed. There are several of them running around the base here (or were) I think there was one fellow with a 500cc scooter, really nice and fast too.

pozi240

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Galatic Blue
Honda and Suzuki both make 650cc large "scooters", that look almost like small "Gold Wing" type cruisers coming at you on the highway..........and they are not cheap neither!

sportsguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle DSG TDI
Silver Wing - $8K USD - 582cc parallel twin efi engines - auto tranny and comfort to spare. ;)

Less of a scooter, more of a motorcycle. Very drool worthy, but I saw a guy on one last month, and through, 'Man, guess his wife wouldn't let him have a bike..."

BMac

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
Why not go all the way and get a GSX-R etc.... That will get your blood flowing. Being a former Biker I just don't get the moped thing.

BMac

pozi240

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Galatic Blue
BMAC said:
Why not go all the way and get a GSX-R etc.... That will get your blood flowing. Being a former Biker I just don't get the moped thing.

BMac
Werd! Currently drive a ZX7 for my fix, but am buying a new CBR1000RR.....I get my "thrills" on 2 wheels.....:D

Bmarc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
pozi240 said:
Werd! Currently drive a ZX7 for my fix, but am buying a new CBR1000RR.....I get my "thrills" on 2 wheels.....:D

A GSXR 750 should be on my plate come the spring. We'll have to go for a ride. :D

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
yvon g said:
just had .216`s installed in my 99.5 a4...what a difference!!! just wondering, does anyone know the hp and torque increase that i`m enjoying now?
Not sure of the exact numbers but they're definetly high enough to warrant a new clutch before long!

Drive it like you stole it!:cool:

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
Guys quick update: the .216's are getting stonger and stronger the more I drive :D Not smokey at all just a light haze with the evry mod on :)

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
The same or slightly better than before actually. Just don't cane it all the itme and there will be no change since it won't decrease steady state cruising.

On my this tank with one trip to Halifax and back ~3hr round trip and lots of putzing around town here I'm at 550km@1/2 tank (mines an auto too and I have agressive winter tires etc). Not any change from when I just had .205's except more power when I want it.