Houston TDI owners

debensey

Veteran Member
I can't tell where this should go, since there doesn't seem to be a forum that includes Texas, but Houston area TDI's should sign up here for local events and efforts:

BioThomas

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
I was going to start a thread for all the Houston TDI owners to check in at, but I found this one. So I decided to post here to see who is from Houston and to give this thread a bump.

I think it would be interesting to see how many TDIs we have here in Houston and which part of Houston they are located in.

As my sig says, I am from Humble and drive a '06 Jetta TDI.

I know that there is a Houston TDI yahoo group, but I prefer this board to the yahoo group, because it has a wider audience and is easier to follow.

just4

TDI
06 Jetta, Campanella white, Pkg-1
I am from the Friendswood/Pearland area south of Houston. Have driven Diesels since 1995 (92 Dodge, 95 Dodge). Bought the Jetta for the wife to haul kids around, so far so good.

Would like to attend any meet-ups that may be planned. If you guys love Boost (78+ psi), and want to see a sub 11.50 sec. (1/4 mile) 4x4 Dodge truck (100% street legal), I'll bring it along also.

Jim

P.S. Does anyone have a Vag-Com in Houston?????

just4

TDI
Just my luck Kraut, the wife and kids will be out of town then, with me to follow on the 5th. I am impressed with your site, and will be considering your tune up when we get a few more miles on it.

Jim

bloc

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
'98 Jetta TDI here in west houston.

78 pounds of boost? do the intake valves blow open or what?

just4

TDI
bloc said:
'98 Jetta TDI here in west houston.

78 pounds of boost? do the intake valves blow open or what?

*****NOTE: This is my good friends (since high school) Truck******
No ;) .......Twin compound turbos, one smaller than the second (the larger being from a 18 wheeler or industrial engine). In the Dodge Cummins world, they use specific turbo names over milimeter size to identify the turbos. The above truck runs a Holeset HX-40 for the smaller one and a Schweitzer (sp) S-400 I believe for the larger (Holeset equivelent HT3B with a 22 to 26 housing). With these trucks, you have to "Load" the turbos to make them spool. Simply stabbing the throttle won't work.

This truck put down 789 HP to the wheels back in March in Austin Texas with a small shot of Nitros. Torque was over 1200 (thats as high as the dyno would go). This truck is 100% street legal. Once you learn how to drive it, it could be an every day truck.

There are several other Dodge guys on this board from all over the country, one being "TooMuchBoost" from Georgia. He hangs with the guys from Garmons shop. They have some insane fast trucks.........

Jim

Chuck Reagan

TDI
1998 Beetle
I have been trying to get enough Timing belt work in houston to make it worth the trip for Runonbeer hopefully for the 8th or the 29th of July. I started a thread on the south central states. If any body here needs a TB belt lets get together. Chuck.

Jettaway

TDI
2006 Jetta pkg 0
Just got the plates for my 2006 Jetta TDI, 5-speed, Pkg 0. So far, so good. Anyone with good info on TDI mechanics/shops/dealerships (positive OR negative), sure would love to hear it.

West Houston, inside the loop...

BioThomas

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
I haven't tried them yet, but I've heard a number of good replies about Bar Tuning, here and there. If you do try them, please keep us updated.

Edit: Where did you buy, if I may ask?

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
TDI in SE Houston

Greetings folks,

I am in the SE area of Houston (Clear Lake area) with a 2002 Golf (5 sp). This past Saturday finally I had an opportunity to go to Houston Biodiesel and fill up with B99. My hats off to Chris to providing this service (as opposed to pure profits only). So far so good. We'll see how the milage will come out.

Has anybody installed the PhatBox in their Golf?

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
uberdiesel said:
I have one in my Jetta Wagon.
Thanks for the reply. In the Jetta you can install it in a way that is hidden in the trunk but in the Golf it sticks out. Apparently there is a way to install it in the Jetta so it does not show.

uberdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Night Blue Golf TDI SEL
tikal said:
Thanks for the reply. In the Jetta you can install it in a way that is hidden in the trunk but in the Golf it sticks out. Apparently there is a way to install it in the Jetta so it does not show.
Yes. In the Jetta wagon there is space in the spare wheel storage area. Do you have any room behind your wheel wells or rear of your spare tire area? There must be a couple of threads on the forum about Golf Phatnoise installations. Hope you find your answers.

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
Phatbox in the Golf

uberdiesel said:
Yes. In the Jetta wagon there is space in the spare wheel storage area. Do you have any room behind your wheel wells or rear of your spare tire area? There must be a couple of threads on the forum about Golf Phatnoise installations. Hope you find your answers.
Apparently some Golf owners have been installing it in the spare tire area:

http://members.shaw.ca/cjwilkins/

I have to see the pros and cons of this ...

SugarlandTDI

TDI
2005 Jetta gls
Howdy from Sugarland ( sw Houston) I drive a 2005 mk4 jetta tdi stock except for 18" wheels and GLI suspesion.... soon to be " chipped" My father inlaw specializes in used TDIs if anyone is intrested in a new "used" TDI .... we are looking for a VAG-COM owner in the area. Please contact me if you have one.... Thanks

06VdubyaTDI

TDI
2013 Passat SEL
Hello everyone, just joined the TDI club with my new 06 Jetta w/DSG. Curious if anyone has found a local retailer in Houston that sells the 505.01 oil? A friend has TDI and goes to Momentum VW on 290 for oil changes, but I'm more of a "if you want it done right, do it yourself" kinda guy.

uberdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Night Blue Golf TDI SEL
06VdubyaTDI said:
Hello everyone, just joined the TDI club with my new 06 Jetta w/DSG. Curious if anyone has found a local retailer in Houston that sells the 505.01 oil? A friend has TDI and goes to Momentum VW on 290 for oil changes, but I'm more of a "if you want it done right, do it yourself" kinda guy.
This oil is available at any of the local VW dealerships or one of the vendors often mentioned on this forum (www.worldimpex.com, www.tdiparts.com, etc.). On line you can also buy "filter kits" that make the 10,000 maintenance interval less expensive. Enjoy your new car!

arvina

Veteran Member
Brazoria (or as we call it, an hour south of houst
TDI
2000 Tornado Red Jetta GL TDI 200,000 miles
guys we aught to have a houston G2G. i know there was one before (just joined the yahoo group) but it can be less formal. in case you havent read the texas G2G thread. sometime durin these upcoming holidays i will hopefully have some peple interested and we can just meet in a parking lot. lowes, REI, Chili's, ANYTHING is good. we dont even hvae to get anythign done. i see it as making a contact incase i need future help or something. someone should bring a VAGcom just for kicks. if anyone sees a little red jetta missing a hubcap thats me:mad: :p

whitacre

TDI
2006 TDI New Beetle Pkg 2 Gecko Green!
I dont know how I could miss this thread so many times, but I live in Spring, Texas...about 45 minutes north of Downtown. I moved here from Vancouver WA in August.

I would love to get to meet other Houston TDI owners, and maybe we could meet up at a centralized point on the 2nd of December and all drive together to the GTG in Seguin.

I drive a Gecko Green TDI Package 2 DSG. LOVE it!

Aggie007

2000 Jetta TDI here on the west side of Houston. I don't have a Vag-Com but I can get my hands on one just about any time I need to. Nice thing I have learned about Houston is that most of the Shell stations carry Premium Diesel. With that and using Schaeffers Diesel Treat I have been getting 45-50mpg.