www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old November 4th, 2017, 18:37   #6571
tobianogreg
Veteran Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoiry View Post
Thanks for the info. Then it is our bad that we did not explicitly list the refund amount. We thought there were rules and they would just follow the rules.
Make another claim. Explain what happened, how much you received in tax refund and provide all supporting info like a copy of the VW cheque stub.

If you’re young enough you might see a resolution. Sounds like you got less than half of what you should have received.
tobianogreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2017, 23:11   #6572
Thoiry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobianogreg View Post
Make another claim. Explain what happened, how much you received in tax refund and provide all supporting info like a copy of the VW cheque stub.

If you’re young enough you might see a resolution. Sounds like you got less than half of what you should have received.
Yes, I am thinking about this. If we can get the other money back, it would be a bonus. Actually the government finance guy asked the VW cheque stub in order to process our claim.
Thoiry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2017, 15:18   #6573
ElectricMayhem
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None!

Just popped in to see if there was any news about an Ontario HST refund. Also, wondered what happened to my Gen 1 Golf, will it see a Canadian road again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecode View Post
Slow down there cowboy....
- the fix will NOT be mandatory... there is literally NO way the government is going to force a member of the public to modify something against thier will, particularly when the government has not themselves done a lick against VW at all.... so you can kee pyour car if you like.
In Ontario, the government states very clearly on the web that you will be required to get the fix. They say only that they will "minimize the inconvenience." I guess you can try the "free man on the land" thing if you want, but in the end you are a slave who has to do whatever they say if you want to keep renewing your registration.

Quote:
- the overall 'award' for each car doesn't change overtime, only over mileage.
I made two claims a week apart, the first for a buyback, the second for a trade on an Audi I was considering at the time.

The first offer was for $20050. The second, around $19000. Did not take long for me to order a new Toyota.

Must have been right on the edge of a mileage break point. But don't be an eager swallower of the "award doesn't change" patter. I could not have been more than 50 km beyond the step. We are talking about the same car here, there is no reason for it to drop in value by $1000 in a week.

Last edited by ElectricMayhem; November 5th, 2017 at 15:21.
ElectricMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2017, 00:37   #6574
philmcneal

TDI(s): None

Quote:
God no... do NOT transfer the ownership into you name. You will literally LOSE thousands of dollars.

I'm not joking. DO NOT MOVE TITLE. DO NOT.

If you are NOT the owner of record as of September 2015 you cannot get the buyback. You can only do the fix.

That said, if you were going to do the fix, you STILL lose half the sorry money if you didn't own the car back on September 18th 2015.

So, no DO NOT put the title in your name. Get him to process whatever option you want and get more money. WAY more.
holy **** i owe you a coffee, thank you so much
Old November 7th, 2017, 20:51   #6575
philmcneal

Quote:
God no... do NOT transfer the ownership into you name. You will literally LOSE thousands of dollars.

I'm not joking. DO NOT MOVE TITLE. DO NOT.

If you are NOT the owner of record as of September 2015 you cannot get the buyback. You can only do the fix.

That said, if you were going to do the fix, you STILL lose half the sorry money if you didn't own the car back on September 18th 2015.

So, no DO NOT put the title in your name. Get him to process whatever option you want and get more money. WAY more.

actually to update its a funny situation as I finally got hold of the paperwork.

My dad bought the car brand new in Nov 09 and put it under my name but he paid for it.

Then march 2011 he transferred it back to his name so he can use it and insure it.

Now when completing the forms online, there is a section if I needed a power of attorney to represent him. But it says if I'm just assisting him in doing the registration process, I don't think I need to check that option do I?
Old November 8th, 2017, 05:25   #6576
vroomr

TDI(s): 2011 Jetta
Default Anyone want to sell/trade parts before they send their car in?

Is there a thread anywhere to trade/sell parts of dieselgate cars that are being sold back?

Wouldnt mind a factory radio upgrade
vroomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2017, 08:48   #6577
KrisA

Sold my 2010 back yesterday, it was emotional for me, loved the car and it treated me perfectly for the past 8 years. I just couldn't say no, the offer was too good. Dealer manager said he thought my car would be going to "the shredder" despite being in great condition with only 105,000km.

Loved that car, great MPG, great practicality (sportwagen), ZERO issues in 8 years and most of all it was a blast to drive. For a young family with a gear head dad this was the perfect car for me. Sad to see it go, but, I think the void will be filled by my 2018 Alltrack 6mt on order! That car should fix the only issues I had with the Sportwagen, lack of ground clearance, and wanting for 4wd when going for biking or hiking "adventures".

That's the end of my TDI time, but certainly not the end of my VW time, I LOVE their cars.
KrisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2017, 09:06   #6578
ecode
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Mk6 Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmcneal View Post
actually to update its a funny situation as I finally got hold of the paperwork.
My dad bought the car brand new in Nov 09 and put it under my name but he paid for it.
Then march 2011 he transferred it back to his name so he can use it and insure it.
Now when completing the forms online, there is a section if I needed a power of attorney to represent him. But it says if I'm just assisting him in doing the registration process, I don't think I need to check that option do I?
If he is still capable of making his own decisions and signing the paperwork, you don't need POA.

You'd know if you needed POA because you would have gotten it long before this case. It's used when the person you have power over can no longer make those decisions either mentally or physically.
ecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2017, 11:27   #6579
philmcneal

Quote:
If he is still capable of making his own decisions and signing the paperwork, you don't need POA.
You'd know if you needed POA because you would have gotten it long before this case. It's used when the person you have power over can no longer make those decisions either mentally or physically.
tyty for your response!
Old November 11th, 2017, 14:12   #6580
copperbeech
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbeech View Post
At the time of purchase of a brand new 2015 TDI GSW we opted to include the VW 5 Star Mechanical Breakdown Warranty (10 years). We are accepting the buy back offer with trade in. In advance of the actual return of the car is there a way to obtain a prorated refund of this warranty?
Quote:
Depends who the underwriter is. If it's one that is administrated by LGM, then No, VW told them to stop issueing refunds due to the scandal a few months ago.
For those of you who did the "Buyback Trade in" of your TDI that still had outstanding years of coverage under the VW Mechanical Breakdown Extended Warranty, I am wondering how the dealer may or may not have 'compensated' you in the purchase of your replacement VW.
(I have read that the dealers can/will apply the pro rated amount towards the purchase of an extended warranty on the new purchase).
copperbeech is offline   Reply With Quote