Never sold 0 milage dealership 2016 tdi's. Anybody trying to buy one?

brendaT

TDI
2014 Q5 3.0 TDI
I started looking around for 2016 Q5's as soon as Audi got the approval for diesel fix. I had a 2014 Q5 TDI that I really loved, and sold on the diesel power & fuel efficiency. But it had 80k+ miles and as much as I drive I thought a 2016 with low miles would be a good fit. I went to several dealers in Houston, TX and found several dealers with stock 'at the port'. I had to really fight to get the price where I wanted it, and to get a good value for my trade-in. Then started waiting for the cars at the port to get released. After a couple weeks of waiting, my salesman ghosted me. I had some misgivings about getting a car from the port of Houston that had sat there for 2+ years in the heat and hurricane Harvey, so I wasn't too broken up about it.

I started looking outside of Houston and found a perfect one in Austin. Didn't get the same deal and ended up paying $3k more, but I got it. They did a lot of reconditioning on it. I insisted on new tires, wipers, belts since the Texas climate is bad for dry rot. Also all fluids changed and a complete check out. Got them to throw in Audi care at cost and we had a deal. But I love the 2016 Q5, it's just like my 2014, only new tech is side assist, and it has new maps.