NEED HELP (broke nipple to vacuum reservoir)

remington2225

TDI
2004 Jetta
Broke the nipple off the vacuum reservoir today changing vacuum lines. Can i just plug it off and be able to drive without a problem?
Also i switched the n75 with the n18 and there was better low end but no so good top end. Are they suppose to be a 100% interchangable since i deleted the egr?
Thanks!

stilill

TDI
Golf,2005,Black,GLS
same thing happend to me when changing the lines, if still have the broken off nipple, grab a tooth pick or straightened paper clip, slide it through the nipple and keep it in place as you super glue it back into position, after that dries, fill the half the cup/sleeve around the nipple with plastic epoxy from home depot, after that hardens, pull out the toothpick/paperclip, attach your vacuum line, and then fill in the remainder of the cup/sleeve with silicone caulk, this may not be the easiest fix, but it worked for me when i broke mine on the weekend after the parts dept closed

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
I've seen a nifty fix using a brass nipple. Some JB Weld to hold it in place.

There is a slot on the side of several of those nasty hose bibs. A small screwdriver in the slot will pick the hose off. If it's still stuck, use an exacto knife and slice through the hose. Twist and it's off cleanly.

Ski in NC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta ALH 5sp stock
Drill a hole in the side of the reservoir, and tap it to 1/8"npt. Screw in a 1/8npt hose barb. Plug the old hole with 5min epoxy. Put a little epoxy on the hose barb threads before you screw it in, to prevent seepage leak. You need a 5/16 drill, a tap, a tap wrench and a hose barb. All available at a hardware store.