Radio ID

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
I noticed my Radio ID card is blank. Will this be a problem say if the battery goes dead or if I ever remove the radio? Where do you get the numbers?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I disconnected my battery when I swapped steering wheels - no issue with the radio wanting a code.

I also gotta think that if you ever do want/need the code, your dealer should be able to help you out. Show registration papers with your name and a VIN that matches the car you drove in on and they should be able to look up anything you need to unlock it.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I also seem to remember reading the dealership has no control of it anymore as well. Connect to the cloud and it all comes from the main office only.

diesel_micah

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Yep, happened to me recently. Since December 2018 you have to pay the dealer a 50$ diagnostic fee to get the code. They used to do it for free...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
That card is useless. If you ever "need the code", you'll need to get it from the dealer as they have to phone home.

This is because the headunit is now programmed to your VIN with what VW calls "SWaP" and "FeC".

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
If you ever get tuned the tuner may or may not have access to get you this. Back on my 2005 Jetta, Rocketchip dug mine out for me.