Flashing glow plug light on 2009 Audi Q7 TDI

teedoff00

TDI
2009 Audi Q7
Hey guys, so last week it had been below freezing in Utah and on our way to see a movie the glow plug light came on and started to flash. Turned the car off at the stop light restarted and all was well. After the movie ~10 degrees outside, started home and light came back on. I vagcom-med it and got two codes.
16471/P0087-Fuel Rail/Fuel System Pressure: Too Low
And
I believe it was a fuel pressure sensor intermittent.

I cleared the codes, then coming home from new years eve party it happened again. Temp was around 10 degrees.

Ross-Tech wiki has listed items as fuel gelling, low battery power, interesting because the interior lights flickered a little the last week, is my battery on its way out?

I've since added some power service white bottle and Temps have increased to around 32. Light hasn't come back on since.

So... is further investigation warranted or should I dismiss this as, cold weather induced diesel trauma?

Thanks for any help/advice!

Happy New Year!

axnels2

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 jetta sportswagen
Maybe you got some bad fuel in your car... You may want to check your fuel filter for gunk.... Just a wild guess.

teedoff00

TDI
2009 Audi Q7
Yah I thought of that. Between the increased Temps and the power service additive I haven't had it happen again in several days.

Fuel came from costco, generally it's pretty good since the sell it fast.

It was more the flickering lights that had me concerned, but that could be the cold too.

Thanks for the reponse!