Ad blue question

Tintman718

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf (5-spd), '10 Golf (6-spd), '12 Touareg
Yes, it's that same stuff. It should be labeled "ISO 22241". Walmart carries it too.

ruking

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 VW Jetta, 5 M, Reflex Silver: 09 Jetta, 6 Sp DSG, Candy White: 12 VW Touareg, 8 Sp A/T, Flint Gray
Any ADBLUE that meets the specification will do just fine !! Like diesel fuel, I buy on price.

VW/Porsche Fahrer

TDI
2012 Touareg Sport with Nav.
Any brand meeting the ISO standard is acceptable. Just be aware that none of those sources have the spill proof connector that VW offers with their smaller bottle. I have re-filled the bottle with the connector several times ( for one filling) with Walmart purchased DEF. You will need to purchase about 5 gallons for a complete re-fill.

srs5694

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE TDI, MT
Any ADBLUE that meets the specification will do just fine !! Like diesel fuel, I buy on price.
My understanding is that "AdBlue" is a brand name. The generic term is "diesel exhaust fluid (DEF)." As others have said, any DEF is fine, not just AdBlue.

ruking

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 VW Jetta, 5 M, Reflex Silver: 09 Jetta, 6 Sp DSG, Candy White: 12 VW Touareg, 8 Sp A/T, Flint Gray
My understanding is that "AdBlue" is a brand name. The generic term is "diesel exhaust fluid (DEF)." As others have said, any DEF is fine, not just AdBlue.
Yes ! i did not want to do the aka blather.