cummins nozzles in tdi

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
If stock clutch/plate is in good shape it holds 500+nm. Sre is good for next stage of power level . :)

So what are those +50% +75% nozzles you are talking about? Those +180hp nozzles are probably damn too big, probably capable of 500+hp.

sali87

TDI
AXL 2.5, AKE 2.5 Ex: 1.9 AFN, 2.5 ACV
I testet 500Nm with orig. Clutch...it goes...
but the daual mass flywheel is the problem...

the nozzles are from firad from italy. costs about 80-90,- Euro

edit: this the nr: DSLA 143 P 1058 ?

Last edited:

sali87

TDI
AXL 2.5, AKE 2.5 Ex: 1.9 AFN, 2.5 ACV
yes...i wnant to be sure that DSLA143P1058 are right.

Firad nozzles got the same nr like bosch and 2.5, 5.0 or 7.5 for %

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
AUDI A4B6 AKE(compound in progress)audi a6 AFB(+30% custom nozzles GTX hybrid 2.3bar) golf4 AJM(+300% Biggest PD nozzles gt1756gtx-2.2bar)
I have a set of nozzles that will work nice.They are 8x180. 70% more than stock AKE.They have special design.I don't know how to upload a picture to show you.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
I looked into this at length recently.

The spray angle isn't a huge issue, 5 degrees tighter toward the center of the bowl, might make a bit more smoke, but might also keep the heat more off the lip of the bowl.

The real issue is in the inclination of the injector body in relation to the bore axis.
On the 12V cummins B-series this angle is 15 degrees.
I measured my ALH head and came up with 25 degrees.

So, on one side of the bowl (toward the center of the piston) the spray is going 5 degrees higher than stock nozzles, on the other side of the bowl the spray is 15 degrees lower. Probably make for uneven heating of the pistons or something.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
I looked into this at length recently.

The spray angle isn't a huge issue, 5 degrees tighter toward the center of the bowl, might make a bit more smoke, but might also keep the heat more off the lip of the bowl.

The real issue is in the inclination of the injector body in relation to the bore axis.
On the 12V cummins B-series this angle is 15 degrees.
I measured my ALH head and came up with 25 degrees.

So, on one side of the bowl (toward the center of the piston) the spray is going 5 degrees higher than stock nozzles, on the other side of the bowl the spray is 15 degrees lower. Probably make for uneven heating of the pistons or something.
I can validate those angles. The Cummins CAD file I got (FWIW) has an angle of 16 degrees from vertical, the TDI's is 9 degrees flatter at 25°.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Neat! I remember spending hours looking around at tractor pulling forums to come up with that number, once. Good to know it was... close enough.