TDIClub Secret Society of Benz Owners (SSBO)

2slowtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 ALH Bora gone. 2006 Benz CDI 235hp 420ftlbstq
What I would like to know is has anyone "Chipped" their CDI yet or can it be done?

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
What I would like to know is has anyone "Chipped" their CDI yet or can it be done?
I know Rocketchip has chipped the 98-99 E300 D's. . and it makes a nice difference.

I think he can do the newer cars, but I am not 100% sure.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
I know Rocketchip has chipped the 98-99 E300 D's. . and it makes a nice difference.

I think he can do the newer cars, but I am not 100% sure.
He's tried to get me to let hip chip mine, but I have more power now then I need and have enough problems with ESP always kicking in trying to keep rear tires from spinning.

Had a guy here about a month ago on a hot sunny early afternoon riding my bumper with his GMC PU and we finally had to stop to let the car in front of me make a left, just as the guy started turning the yahoo behind me hit the horn. So being the type I am I hit ESP off button and power button and lit up the tires, the truck disappeared in a cloud of boiling rubber smoke and actually waited till he could see to drive. I was about two blocks down the road before he came out of the cloud. :eek: :D

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
He's tried to get me to let hip chip mine, but I have more power now then I need and have enough problems with ESP always kicking in trying to keep rear tires from spinning.

Had a guy here about a month ago on a hot sunny early afternoon riding my bumper with his GMC PU and we finally had to stop to let the car in front of me make a left, just as the guy started turning the yahoo behind me hit the horn. So being the type I am I hit ESP off button and power button and lit up the tires, the truck disappeared in a cloud of boiling rubber smoke and actually waited till he could see to drive. I was about two blocks down the road before he came out of the cloud. :eek: :D

that is SWEET!!!

2slowtdi

Veteran Member
TDI

Most times with more power comes better mileage as the ECU is optimized for better all around preformance.

euromarko

TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI, 1976 Mercedes 300D
Speaking of diesel Mercedes here is mine

1976 300D Auto with a white interior :)

Last edited:

euromarko

TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI, 1976 Mercedes 300D
Thank You
I always see the american classics around here so decided something different
and after a year of searching found this one in excellent condition
Here is some more pictures

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
Gorgeous Mercedes White Vinyl.

I am also in love with that strip of wood across the dash. Very very nice.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
now that 76er is one hell of a machine

TurbinePower

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Gorgeous Mercedes White Vinyl.

I am also in love with that strip of wood across the dash. Very very nice.

... I now pronounce thee Man and Trim? :eek::D

I agree, though, I love wood-faced dashes, especially real wood, and classic Mercedes are just gorgeous period.

shogun

TDI
2011 JSW TDI
Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine Florida. We were only there for 3-days but between everyone's schedule that's all we could do. With the AS Sprinter, you can spend all day on the drive-on beach and not leave until the sun goes down. We did get it for just these type of spur of the moment runs and this thing drives like a car with very little fatigue plus 18mpg @75. Ben

CarlUman

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Touareg
I'm going to pick up my 2006 E320 CDI this weekend. Someone else mentioned a chip... I would like to get mine done too. I'm not interested in a box. Hopefully someone here can point us in the right direction. Maybe they can also shut off that EGR with the chip.

DBW - will the following DVDs from ebay work for getting the full trans flush that you mentioned? No I don't know the person
selling them :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERC...10242155887QQptZMotorsQ5fManualsQ5fLiterature

Last edited:

2slowtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm going to pick up my 2006 E320 CDI this weekend. Someone else mentioned a chip... I would like to get mine done too. I'm not interested in a box. Hopefully someone here can point us in the right direction. Maybe they can also shut off that EGR with the chip.

DBW - will the following DVDs from ebay work for getting the full trans flush that you mentioned? No I don't know the person
selling them :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERC...10242155887QQptZMotorsQ5fManualsQ5fLiterature

I was looking for a chip.
Not that a 06 CDI needs it it just that why not.
I need to find the DVD repair manual for mine.

I would like the repair BOOK more then the DVD as I like to read at night
and why not read something that will tell me what can save me repairs down the road.

I want to do the brakes in the next 6 months but I'm unsure if I can do it safely.
Any other car it would take me two hours to knock off all the rotors and change the pads.
So I need to read up.

Are you keeping your 03 TDI

CarlUman

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Touareg
Done more digging and found some people that do tunes but I'm trying to find out how they load the tune (might be mail).

I'm selling the Beetle (my nephew is thinking about buying it).

2slowtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Done more digging and found some people that do tunes but I'm trying to find out how they load the tune (might be mail).

I'm selling the Beetle (my nephew is thinking about buying it).

03 was the best of the TDI's for tuning I think the 05 and 06's CDI will prove to be the same way for the CDI's.

I would like to have a OBD II program unit so I can change to different levels of tune and work the egr also.

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
I like the stance!!

what shocks/springs are you running??

I want to lower my W124 just a touch. stock ride height looks like a truck

hotroddr

TDI
2002 Jetta
Thanks! Im running stock diesel springs with 1.5 coils cut off the end that is not tapered with 3 bump spring pads and stock replacement shocks. I will be switching to Bilstein sport shocks pretty soon, These are starting to get a little soft after 50,000 miles. The car rides nice and smooth though.

Michakaveli

TDI
it's at the stealership :-)
If I am able to post... I decided to give my old diesel a quick wash last week and go over it with a quicky 1-step clean-up/polish (Meguiar's D151 via FLEX 3401). Due to weather, and intense lightning, I opted to hold off on the 1-step.... I took some quick pix and wanted to share....

Some after photos...