F/S 2002 Jetta TDI Wagon - IL - First Owner Car

TDI Geek

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon
New Price: F/S 2002 ALH Jetta TDI Wagon - IL - First Owner Car

SOLD

First Owner Car, looks and drives great. 174,500 mi. 5 spd manual, indigo blue, tan leather interior, sunroof, Monsoon sound. Bought it new from a local dealer.
The first sale fell through (did not even see the car) and I have been out and not able to respond to others.
ALH. First $5000 cash. Tools no longer come with car, BUT the air bag and door rash are fixed! No fault codes.
Minus:
- The headlights are fair - some peeling/fading. The rubber coating on the center console trim is scratched and peeling in a few areas.
Plus:
- Airbag issue fixed. No fault codes with a VCDS scan.
- Door dings fixed. Body excellent.
- Newer front quarters and paint on front of the car. No accidents, we just fixed the rust.
- Beautiful car, paint & interior in great shape, Weathertech mats/rear liner. Non smoker.
- Always garaged and well maintained, Oil changed at 5K-8K mile intervals. I have done all of the service on the car, with the exception of the airbag module, power windows and door lock, which was done by the local dealer.
- 180K Timing Belt Maintenance just completed (Belt, cam seal, rollers, idler, tensioner, water pump, alternator belt + tensioner). Dynamic timing set at upper 3/4 of factory range.
- Eibach sport springs.
- New brake pads all around, new rotors in front.
- New front bearings, ball joints and hubs.
- Newer Alternator.
- Newer glow plugs.
- Comes with 17" ASA summer wheels/tires and the original factory wheels with winter tires and new centers. The winter tires are old Dunlops and have some run out.
- Comes with misc. parts (rollers, idler, glow plugs etc.) and filters (oil, air, cabin, fuel).
I'm asking $5000 cash. I'm posting on this forum with the hopes of finding a great home - even with the faults this MKIV has been a great car for us. PM me if you are serious. Thanks.

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
At this price, you will have difficulty selling the car here without pictures. Also, an airbag light will not pass a state inspection so get it fixed if it's that easy.

TDI Geek

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon
Hit The Pause Button

Hit the pause button folks, in at the dealer this week getting the air bag issue fixed.

Warthog

Veteran Member
TDI
see Bio
How is the interior? (My 2000 Jetta cloth seats are just now being rebuilt as they didn't hold-up very well.)
An ALH Wagon under 200K miles is intere$ting tho...

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
At this price, you will have difficulty selling the car here without pictures. Also, an airbag light will not pass a state inspection so get it fixed if it's that easy.

SRS is not a safety inspection requirement in Missouri, and Illinois has no safety inspections for passenger cars at all (and this gets played out for us on the Missouri side a lot :eek: ).

I agree, though, for that price that car should not have ANY warning lights on, should be darn near perfect, clean, detailed, and well presented (pictures).