Switchblade Key Programming

karlkoenig

Veteran Member
I'll state this question the best way I can... What kind of things can be "programmed" into the key? Our dealer programmed the switchblade key for our 2001 Jetta Wagon to unlock the doors when the key is removed from the ignition. Is there anything else that can be done? Just curious...

Thanks!

Karl

landrumdh

Veteran Member
TDI
landrumdh
The programabled options are

honk on lock
honk on unlock
flash on lock
flash on unlock
door lock at 8mph
doors lock when key removed
all doors open on 1 press of unlock
drivers door open only on 1 press of unlock

What am I missing?

garrettp

Former Chip-Monk
TDI
2000 JEDI
Originally posted by Diesel Freak:
How do you get them to do that? I'd rather have my car blink and lock instead of honk.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">CAG COM
i do not know how and have not tried yet but it looks pretty simple. it is under "cent. conv." i want my doors to unlock with "key out" so i will have to try it. do you need to "login in" or cna this be done in "basic mode"

and remember that the honk is nice because it signifies that the alarm is armed and the hood/doors and trunk are shut :thumbup:

garrettp

Former Chip-Monk
TDI
2000 JEDI
BTW, it is not the actual key that is programmed but the car (i think it is in the instrument cluster.. correct?)

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
See this on how to program your car with a VAG-COM or equivalent. What is stated in the bulletin for "NB" also applies to the A4 Golf/Jetta.

LanduytG

Vendor
TDI
99 NB 82 Westfalia Diesel
MOGolf
Thanks for the TSB, I will be trying this out in a week or so. Again Vag-Com keeps me from going to the stealer.

Thanks
Greg

landrumdh

Veteran Member
TDI
landrumdh
Originally posted by garrettp:
BTW, it is not the actual key that is programmed but the car (i think it is in the instrument cluster.. correct?)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, that's true. But all responces are activated by the key

The only programable options that pertain to the key is the GLX models where the seats adjust depending upon the key used