www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery

Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Jetta/Bora/or Vento TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old April 7th, 2017, 03:05   #106
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon View Post
Nice looking GTI, Scott... I'll be interested to see if you find the GTI as versatile as you've made your Jetta, and what MPGs you get.
Just wanted to follow-up with how the GTI is going. I took it on its first long road trip of ~1400 miles. It did 35 mpg along my speedy route in the rain, 33 mpg along the twisties in the Tail of the Dragon area, and 39.6 mpg on the return trip without speeding, AC, or rain (all hand-calculated). I think I could exceed 40 mpg on a flatter route such as the Eastern Shore. But any traffic jams or other slowdowns may make it a real challenge. I may try a drive in a few weeks to see what I can do.

Here are some photos from the trip, as well as some showing that I have installed my usual suite of electronics:

More photos and details at http://StealthGTI.com/.

Scott
Stealth TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 06:17   #107
KITEWAGON
Veteran Member

I just spent some time looking at the Stealth GTI. Looks great! That MK7 looks fantastic in silver. I am enjoying my new 2012 GTI, but do love the look of the 2017's. The sport package looks like the sweet spot for options as you nicely detailed. I'm impressed by the extra mileage; and while putting down more power to boot.

I'm enjoying my new car, but I think I already know what the next one will be!
KITEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 16:16   #108
bbarbulo
Veteran Member

wow that is an incredible trunk setup!
Old April 8th, 2017, 15:05   #109
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Thanks for the comments!
Old June 8th, 2017, 13:36   #110
benIV
Veteran Member

Did you build your own trailer?
OCD TDICLUB MEMBER #6 - 2003 TDI Mafia Member
Orville, 2003 Jetta 5m Sedan, Platinum Gray
Wilbur (Knurren), 2003 Jetta 5m Wagon (Golf Variant), Reflex Silver

1974 Super Beetle Conv
1986 Mercedes 560 SL
1956 Chevy Truck - Hot Rod
benIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2017, 17:54   #111
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Hello,
I didn't build the trailer, but I made into what it is today. It's a standard Carry-On 3.5x5 footer with substantial mods. Read more about it at https://stealthgti.com/carry-on-3-5x5lshs-trailer/.
Scott

Last edited by Stealth TDI; September 15th, 2017 at 07:44.
Old June 8th, 2017, 18:22   #112
benIV
Veteran Member

I've always loved your threads about your cars. Your GTI looks "wow"! lol. Also, thanks for the link. I guess I could've done some more digging and found it, so thank you for helping out!

Let me just say you have an eye for what looks good and your write-ups and posts have been tremendously helpful. Are you really in Newport News?

Just a couple questions, if I may. Did you have the steelies for the trailer powder coated or is that a spray paint? Also, I have to ask about the yellow caution sign and the vw emblem for the wheels. How did you make them or where did you get them?

1974 Super Beetle Conv
1986 Mercedes 560 SL

Last edited by benIV; June 8th, 2017 at 18:27.
Old June 9th, 2017, 03:09   #113
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Ben,

Thanks for the great feedback. Yes, I'm really in Newport News. I've lived here for 14 years and finally transferred my residency to VA last fall after retiring from the Coast Guard. The new tax burden sucks. HAHA!

The steelies are new with a factory finish. The VW emblems are as delivered on Tiguan centercaps. I ordered the centercaps on eBay. I bought the white VW stickers on eBay. Of course, VW doesn't make trailers or plastic fenders. So the VW badging is a little over the top.

I had the yellow sign made at FastSigns. Funny thing is I spent too much time getting the details right. I found the legal requirements for sign dimensions on a DOT website, then scaled them to fit where I wanted my sign. So it's nearly a scaled "OVERSIZE LOAD" sign for an undersize trailer.

Scott
Old June 9th, 2017, 12:57   #114
benIV
Veteran Member

Fantastic stuff. I appreciate you taking the time to answer questions. i've got so many... lol. i try to balance how many questions i ask, but when i read all these threads and see all the great stuff people are doing, i get excited about my tdi's and lose the ability to tone down the questions. lol

Congratulations on your retirement!

1974 Super Beetle Conv
1986 Mercedes 560 SL
Old June 9th, 2017, 19:17   #115
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Thanks... and no sweat about the questions.