How many miles on your B5.5 TDi?

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
TheGrove said:
You know it!

I like the new sig;)
Yep, sold the HHR yesterday I have to deliver it to the new owner in the next couple days.......
The New Jetta is at VW of Langhorne since last Thursday. Hopefully taking a train ride on Tuesday to retrieve my new Baby.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
Well Tomo, you just could not stand having a newer TDI, eh?

I know you'll like it. I test drove a 2010 Golf TDI 6 speed manual last week and it frankly was a great driving car. Still keeping my chainless Passat as it is so smooth now. But if the opportunity arose (aka influx of major cash funds), I would be there with an addition to my fleet pronto.

And to think that bill has 127,000 more miles on his car than I do! Just turned 63k on mine and is running strong thanks to Oilhammer.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
leicaman said:
And to think that bill has 127,000 more miles on his car than I do! Just turned 63k on mine and is running strong thanks to Oilhammer.
And growing! Just a couple hundred under 192,000 right now. I'm thinking I should be at 200,000 around Christmas to the 1st of the year.

spiceredwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
06 wagon
I bought mine with 330k km on it. While doing the chainectomy I discovered the cam was toofed. So now I am into it for $3500.00 in parts which includes engine mounts alternator pulley power steering hose and special tools. Now that I know what VW charges for parts I call it the money pit.
Aaron from Boraparts gave me a great deal on the things I needed.
Without this site and the great vendors this car would have been ready for Pick N Pull.

Last edited:

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Just turned over 100k this past Friday and running great too!

TDI
2005 Passat
I bought my 05 Passat TDI in April of 2006 with just under 45k miles and now it has 132k miles on it. It's in at this moment for its first timing belt and Balance shaft Chain replacement. Last week I replaced the front brake pads for the first time as well. I had to replace the CV Boots at 100k miles as they were both ripped. I've replaced the fuel filter a couple of times since I bought it but that was easy. Also, had the glow plugs replaced a couple of months ago when there was a recall on them. I get 35mpg on average. I love the car and plan to drive it to see how many miles I can put on it...

moosejaw

Veteran Member
TDI
*Sold* 2005 Passat GLS TDI Shadow Blue
New purchase in Dec 05. Only have 46k miles on it. I guess I am one of the lowest mileage cars here. :)

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Back again...I turned 78K early December. Car is running fine except for some vibration in gear when stopped which I attribute to a Chinese axle on the passenger side.

TheGrove

TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Same here!

It sucked not driving it for the past 1.5 months while I tried to figure out a coolant leak. After replacing 2 hoses hopefully it is fixed - we should know in the next week or so when it goes back to full time driving.

traubenberg

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5 Passat (wagon)
DeliveryValve said:
leicaman led me to passatworld.com member traubenberg who had all the info on production numbers
Wow. It's weird to find out that I was contributing to the site for a year and a half prior to getting my TDI. Cool!

Also, my 05 has 47k miles on it. I lucked out.

Sloppy Snood

Veteran Member
TDI
Passsat
Slop's Money Pit

252,000 miles currently (Jan. 25, 2011) on 2005 VW Passat GLS (oilhammer rebuilt motor and installed new ZF transmission at approximately 189,000 miles).

Items replaced over the long haul include: 3 radiators, viscous fan bearing, 8 Bosch (POS) ceramic glowplugs, BHW camshaft, lifters, valves, rebuilt crankshaft, all main bearings, oil pump balance shaft assembly, alternator pulley replacement, 3 sets of belts, 2 windshields, 2 rear chrome door guards, warranty replacement on VNT turbocharger, fluid-filled engine mounts, 2 viscous fans, all 3 turbocharger air charging hoses with o-ring upgrades, new OEM battery, rear brake caliper replacement, euro-split mirror LED replacements, 384 relay replaced, rear window glass, 3 windshields, rear passenger brake caliper, front rear rotors, Textar front brake pads (more to come as I remember other things....LOL).

Need to get another 200,000 miles out of this BHW in order to make it "worth it" from a money spent standpoint. ;)

Last edited:

volkswagendude

Veteran Member
TDI
None for now...
First Pic On Internet!

This is probably my first ever picture post of my car on the internet! Taken about 3-4 months ago, not the best, but good enough.
Have owned it since new, bought in DEC of 2005. Other than a $87 alternator pulley from my pocket, and last year new brake pads, no other dime shelled out. 161000km.

warrenm626

TDI
2005 Passat, 2001 Jetta
111K on my 2005 Passat GLS

Warren Myers
2005 Passat GLS TDI
2009 Dodge Ram 2500 4wd 6.7L Cummins 3k
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4wd 6.7 Cummins 28K
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4wd 5.9L Cummins 108K
2005 Toyota RAV 4 67K

TheGrove

TDI
200,000 Mile Club!

Hit the "magic" number today!:D

Skooch

TDI
2005 Passat GL TDI
I was hoping to show everyone here what a 2005 Passat looks like after a 60 MPH collision, however I'm not quite sure how to post pictures on this forum - any help??

Anyway, have one 2005 Passat (GL) with 125K on it, all my miles, bought the car new in fall of 2004. The other 2005 Passat was a GLS with only 116K on it.

Last edited:

TheGrove

TDI
Skooch said:
I was hoping to show everyone here what a 2005 Passat looks like after a 60 MPH collision, however I'm not quite sure how to post pictures on this forum - any help??

Anyway, have one 2005 Passat (GL) with 125K on it, all my miles, bought the car new in fall of 2004. The other 2005 Passat was a GLS with only 116K on it.
In the TDI101 area there is a how to thread on posting pictures (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=207484)

Skooch

TDI
2005 Passat GL TDI
So here it is, a view of what a 2005 VW Passat looks like after a 60 mph collision with another car - I'm still amazed and impressed with how well this car stood up. It had 116K on it at the time of the accident, hopefully we won't have another similar event in the other 2005 Passat and we'll see how long that one will truely last!!

Last edited:

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
If a close loved one must crash, you want them to do it in a VW. This is what my Jetta wagon looked like after my wife lost control, went over a stump, and rolled it onto its roof.

The car was totaled, sadly. But at least it held up enough to allow her to live to cuss me out for being out of town and unable to help her when it happened :D

(in fact I was 50 miles away with our other car, the B5.5 TDI up on the lift getting an oil change).

bear's TDI

TDI
1998 Jetta, 2005 Passat GL, (2) 2010 JSW
130290 miles on the 05 Passat TDI
113350 miles on the 04 Passat TDI

Goal to keep driving with maintenance at Little German Village and log more than the 300 K miles I had on a 90 Passat gasser.