www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old Today, 05:23   #1606
jeffcapp99

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief poncho View Post
Perfect response Jibberjive. Arizona is basically the same as Texas as I'm sure all other states are with the exception of the actual language chosen for the title brand. This is important for understanding the ruling on branded titles and why VW and the court are lumping certain branded titles as not operable.
Either Fookin has some reading comprehension issues or he's just Fookin trolling us. ;-)
He guys. Let's not take our eyes off the ball. Forget the title jargon. It does not matter who is right or what we think. The question is - HOW can we get VW to repurchase these cars? Even if VW is wrong, we need a strategy.

Has ANYONE gotten an offer letter yet on a salvage / rebuilt title?
jeffcapp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:42   #1607
chief poncho
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Jetta

Jibberjive, I provided the documentation when VW requested proof of aquisition.
chief poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:08   #1608
fookin
Veteran Member

TDI(s): A3

Poncho and Jibber, I stand corrected. You have found exceptions to what I wrote. However, my main point was to get away from those stating they got a salvage title car from an auction lot because title assumes registered in most states. One still has to go to a dmv to get a title. I take back all I wrote. No more on this subject please. Apologies to those having to endure.
fookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 17:08   #1609
chief poncho
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Jetta

No fookin worries Fookin. What really threw me off is I think you and I were both on the same page earlier in this thread and then we spiraled off on this tangent.
chief poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 18:23   #1610
fookin
Veteran Member

Chat with VWGoa|Online Claims still writes mid-May for reviewing eligibility. Nothing new.
Old Today, 19:01   #1611
logmaster

2013 Jetta TDI with FL rebuilt title, car was totaled 8/2015, purchased it on 9/8/2015, started the process 7/2017, rebuilt inspection on 1/2018. Just got this message:

Based on the documents and information you have provided as part of your claim with Reference No. XXXXXX, you are not eligible to participate in the 2.0-Liter Settlement Claims Program. The reason(s) for your ineligibility is described below.

Vehicle is not eligible - Your vehicle is not eligible to participate in the Settlement Program.
If you believe you are entitled to claim benefits under the 2.0-Liter Settlement Claims Program, you may appeal this ineligibility determination to the Court-appointed Claims Review Committee. The Claims Review Committee is composed of one representative from Volkswagen, one representative from Settlement Class Counsel and a Court-appointed “Neutral” who will be called upon to resolve disagreements between the Claims Committee’s other members, should they arise. To submit an appeal to the Claims Review Committee, you must send a written request to appeal to the Claims Review Committee, P.O. Box 214500, Auburn Hills, MI 48321 or crc@vwcourtsettlement.com.

Your request must include the following information:

Claimant’s name, address, telephone number, VIN of the affected vehicle and Claim Reference Number
You must also include a brief statement explaining why you believe the ineligibility determination was in error
After your claim is received and reviewed by the Claims Review Committee, you will receive a final determination as to your eligibility status.
logmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:14   #1612
lvrpl

TDI(s): Passat TDI

I just got a rejection letter too. The car was crashed and issued a salvage title in March 2017, then I bought it from a salvage auction in May 2017 and converted to a rebuilt title in August 2017.

I'm baffled. As far as I can tell, this absolutely meets all the criteria set out in February for how salvage titles will be dealt with. And the kicker is that I just called the hotline and they told me that they can't tell me why it got rejected, but that I'll get a paper letter in the mail within a few weeks telling me why.

This is getting ridiculous.
lvrpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:31   #1613
fookin
Veteran Member

Lvrpl, do you have the title history from carfax or similar and did you mean it was salvaged in March 2017? Was the rebuilt title the first dmv recording since the total loss?
Old Today, 21:03   #1614
drsven
Veteran Member

Too bad the claims support hotline doesn’t have a customer satisfaction survey after the call.
drsven is offline   Reply With Quote