www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery

Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Jetta/Bora/or Vento TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old March 12th, 2018, 01:54   #256
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

The end of an era. At least it will continue to provide valuable transport for the new owner. I'm probably not quite as attached to my '11 -but knowing it will be crushed if I take the buyback, is making what should be an easy decision tough.
turbobrick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2018, 07:13   #257
compu_85
Gadget Guy

I was expecting it to go quickly at that price. Any hints what the new owner is using the drivetrain in?

-J
2013 Fiat 500e. 33,000 miles.
99.5 Jetta "GLX" TDI. 323,000 miles. Power Memory Seats, HIDs 11mm pump, BV39 Turbo, RCIII 36/47 MPG.
1991 Mercedes 350SDL 230,000 miles, 70,000 on engine. 18/27 MPG.
Past:
2012 Passat SE TDI DSG. 114,000 miles. LED tails, Memory Seat, HIDs. Bought back by VW.
2004 Touareg V10 TDI. 165,000 miles. Sold to Matt98AHU w/ flat camshafts.
1988 Audi 5000S Quattro, 1992 Jetta ECOdiesel, 1991 Jetta ECOdiesel.
Thank you for giving me the BUG*PWR award. It means a lot to me!

Check out the official TDIClub Chat Room!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUSSELS BELGIAN View Post
Maybe I should pay MYSELF to do bad work on my car!
compu_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2018, 11:48   #258
luke.weiser

Fuel Economy: 47.5

Bummer dude. Kudos to you for keeping it on the road for so long. You've been a great help to me during my Mk3 rebuild and modding. After seeing your response to the filler neck and front strut, I'm starting to have doubts about whether to even bother fixing the body up. I have the same issues as almost every Mk3 owner, only my rust is worse. I had big plans for my Jetty, but I may dump them and swap the engine into something safer and drier in the rain (lol).
Pay attention. You guys could see a 1990 Corolla Alltrac AHU swap thread pop up in the coming months
luke.weiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2018, 13:44   #259
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Thanks!

The new owner bought the car so he could pull the engine and save it as a spare for his B4, which he drove here when he first inspected and drove my car. He seems like a good man and actually talked me into researching repairs a little more seriously. He really didn't want to dismantle my car. New research revealed body shop estimates in the $10k range (including paint), which doesn't include the need for brakes, tie-rods, A/C, alignment, and whatever else cropped up during restoration. The car was $16k when new; no way I'm shelling out $10k on it now.

If you see a green Mk3 part out in VA or KY later this year, it may be my car. She had a good run!

Perhaps the sadder news is a potential end to StealthTDI.com. My wife's TDI will be up for buyback soon. Once there are no TDIs in my home, there seems to be little need to have StealthTDI.com. I'll probably add some sort of "Past VWs" page at StealthGTI.com, sort of like this one: http://www.stealthtdi.com/OtherVWs.html, but with photo albums. That is where my TDIs will live on... and in my fondest of memories. The downside is all of the photos I've hosted over the past 20 years will disappear.

Scott

| .M y . S t a g e . 2 . G T I . |
| Facebook | YouTube | Fuelly |
Stealth TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2018, 16:08   #260
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

I found StealthTDI when I was shopping for my first VW TDI back in the early '00s. I corresponded with Scott and picked his brain about the cars and what it took to keep them running. He was very polite and helpful. Because of his reassurances, I bought IBW in May of '02. It resulted in joining this community, purchase of a bunch more TDIs and IDParts, and a career change for me. Scott, you and StealthTDI have a big role in starting all that. But nothing is forever. And you're still driving VWs.

Thanks.
Old March 12th, 2018, 21:24   #261
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Thanks, Peter! Sometimes I forget that my site influenced a lot of members here. I've been laying low for so long that most of the group has no idea who I am these days. Now that I'm driving gassers, I think some here view me as a vegan who decided to try honey. HAHA!

I have my most recent topics subscribed and can still be reached via PM. So, although I don't visit as much, I'm not totally out of touch.

Old March 14th, 2018, 07:25   #262
compu_85
Gadget Guy

If you do decide to abandon that domain name be sure the internet archive has a copy first

-J
2013 Fiat 500e. 33,000 miles.
99.5 Jetta "GLX" TDI. 323,000 miles. Power Memory Seats, HIDs 11mm pump, BV39 Turbo, RCIII 36/47 MPG.
1991 Mercedes 350SDL 230,000 miles, 70,000 on engine. 18/27 MPG.
Past:
2012 Passat SE TDI DSG. 114,000 miles. LED tails, Memory Seat, HIDs. Bought back by VW.
2004 Touareg V10 TDI. 165,000 miles. Sold to Matt98AHU w/ flat camshafts.
1988 Audi 5000S Quattro, 1992 Jetta ECOdiesel, 1991 Jetta ECOdiesel.
Thank you for giving me the BUG*PWR award. It means a lot to me!

Check out the official TDIClub Chat Room!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUSSELS BELGIAN View Post
Maybe I should pay MYSELF to do bad work on my car!
compu_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 09:18   #263
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Looks like the Wayback Machine backed it up on 3/7. Nothing's changed in a while, although I need to update the pages with the recent exodus of TDIs from my collection.

Old May 7th, 2018, 18:17   #264
hitman1985

Reallyyyy....
Sry 4 OT. But your page is honestly one of the key reasons why I jumped into the TDI world . Even though I've always owned gassers of every generation mk1 through mk5 and a few Audi's. Just saying you got my respect for such detail and straight honest opinions and experiences with the cars and parts. Once again sorry for the off topic but I had to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth TDI View Post
Thanks, Peter! Sometimes I forget that my site influenced a lot of members here. I've been laying low for so long that most of the group has no idea who I am these days. Now that I'm driving gassers, I think some here view me as a vegan who decided to try honey. HAHA!

I have my most recent topics subscribed and can still be reached via PM. So, although I don't visit as much, I'm not totally out of touch.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
hitman1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2018, 04:00   #265
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Thanks! My new site at http://StealthGTI.com/ is equally as comprehensive; it's just not TDIs.